Chapter 130 - Bad News

The police had arrived and were inspecting the body.
   Yoko was leaning against the wall of the corridor while her friends remained at the entrance, ready to intervene if necessary.
   -Oh! Sakura Sanjurō! An old series... Megure almost exclaimed. If I remember correctly, her famous line was... "The road you travel is as beautiful as a flower and as strong as a branch...
   -... You must live with strength and feeling"! Mitsuhiko finished.
   The inspector turned his head in surprise at the presence of the children and the response to the reply.
   -We heard you loud and clear! Ayumi affirmed.
   -That lady was watching the film and screaming loudly! Genta explained.

   Yoko left her wall to greet the two policemen she knew so well.
   -You, here?! But how?! Takagi looked at the group, completely surprised.
   -We've come to help Morita-san find something he lost. A wristwatch that his late wife lost the day before she died... Agasa explained.
   -It seems that Edogawa-kun finally found it in the bathroom... Ai finished explaining.
   When the girl in the headband asked Conan to approve, he put on a slightly troubled expression.
   It's true that he didn't talk to us about it...
   The owner of the premises took over the explanations, saying that Kogoro had refused his request but that the children had accepted it. The inspector concluded that Ran's father wasn't present, and that seemed to bother him.
   He and Takagi are hiding something... We'll have to ask Takagi everything and hope he'll cooperate...

   Without being able to dwell on the subject, the two policemen resumed their investigation.
   The girl with the glasses left the room, dragging her brother along so that no one could hear them. He smiled directly at her.
   -Oe! Don't pull me like this! snorted the detective.
   -Yeah, but I've got a question to ask you! Would you like me to question Takagi? If it was looking for Kogoro, it must have been pretty important... And with their expressions...
   -You think it's important too... I'd like you to question him, it would be useful!
   Yoko replied with a smile. At the same time, everyone left the room.
   -What are you doing? Genta asked in passing.
   -I'm not doing anything! replied Conan, following them into the other room.
   I'm really going to have to find a moment when I can corner Takagi...
   With a sigh, she followed her comrades.

   The interrogation of the flat's owner had continued in the living room. Yoko was again leaning against one of the walls, listening to Takagi. She hoped she would soon have a moment to talk to him.
   Raaah! There's no point in waiting!
   She let out a sigh before approaching the policeman. She grabbed his sleeve and pulled to get his attention.
   -Say, Takagi-keiji! Can I talk to you for a minute? asked the former schoolgirl in a childish voice.
   I still don't like that tone of voice haha...
   -Don't you?
   -Come on, then!

   She pulled him further into the corner of the room.
   -Yoko-chan! Can't you see I'm trav...
   -Why were you looking for Kogoro-oji-san? the little girl cut him off. If you've got something to say to him, I'll give him the message!
   The young man was silent for a moment before sighing.
   -Have you seen anyone suspicious hanging around the agency? he finally asked.
   -What do you mean, suspicious?
   -Well, we... We haven't yet decided whether we should warn Mouri-san or not, but... It seems that someone is secretly interested in him... At the prefecture, everything has disappeared... All the reports of investigations solved by Mouri-san in the city... Takagi whispered, adding that these reports had come back yesterday, without knowing who had taken them or how they had been returned.

   Faced with this, Takagi took a step backwards, teeth clenched. She took a deep breath to keep her composure.
   -When did this happen? she almost shouted.
   -It happened the day the bus was attacked.
   The day of... No... Who would have... Wait, maybe it's just someone interested in Kogoro... It's possible... But this coincidence is too big to... I can't rule anything out... The suspects are still Jodie and the guy in the hat... But what if I've got it all wrong? Crap! Hey, calm down!
   -Yoko-chan? Yoko-chan?!
   Takagi's voice snapped the rejuvenated schoolgirl out of her thoughts.
   -What's the matter?
   -You look pale, are you all right? he asked.

   She stared at him for a moment before nodding and smiling. She thanked the man and walked towards Conan, trying not to fall. The stress wasn't helping.
   Conan, please tell me it's no big deal... !