Chapter 31 - In Their Hands

-What?! The kid's gone?!

   Yoko woke up with a start, nearly hitting her head. She'd fallen asleep in the kitchen ceiling, without really knowing how.
   She moved a plate so that she could watch what was going on, while being discreet. The man started to pull out a gun, saying that it was impossible for him to have escaped. Then he passed by the lady again before leaving. The door slammed.
   The brunette closed the plate with which she had been keeping an eye on the strange people, before shifting another one over the sink so that she could go downstairs.
   There was a bit too much dust...
   Indeed, her outfit was rather black.

   The young girl immediately headed towards the room where Conan was looking for clues.
   -Are you sure you'll find any? asked Yoko, hand in her pockets.
   He didn't answer, and emptied a dustbin onto the floor.
   If it's really them, why would they leave clues about anything... after all... they have an undetectable poison haha... she sighed.
   Conan was too engrossed in his research, ignoring the girl in glasses.
   -Help me look for a clue! It's in the Baker hotel, but I don't know where exactly! announced the young boy
   Oe! They really leave clues?! That's even weirder!
   Before she could start looking, he'd already found it.

   Yoko looked around. This was the first time she'd set foot in this hotel.
   -I'm staying here! Yoko said, puffing out her cheeks.
   -Huh?! But it's dangerous! Conan almost shouted at her.
   The latter had gone to check the lockers to see if there was a number thirty, but hadn't found anything. He wanted to go and look in the car park, but the young girl wanted to keep an eye on things. She loosened her hair and put her glasses away.
   -That's it! I won't be recognised like this! sighed the brunette
   He looked at her, before asking her to be careful. Then he disappeared from her field of vision.

   I said stay here... but what do I do now...
   She let out a small laugh before putting her hands in her pockets. She started walking when she spotted the mysterious man in disguise. The people who saw him pass looked at him strangely.
   It's understandable...
   She began to follow him discreetly, deciding to take the stairs so as not to get stuck in the lift. On each floor, she stopped to see where the lift was going. Eventually, out of breath, she reached the floor corresponding to rooms three hundred. She followed him to room three hundred and one.
   Now what do I do?

   The young girl walked past the door many times, looking for an idea. Suddenly, the door opened. Yoko almost caught it in the head. She shifted and found herself facing the man. He grabbed her wrist and pulled her close before putting his hand over her mouth. She began to struggle as he pulled her into the bedroom. He laid her on the bed, threatening her with a gun.
   I'm clearly in trouble...
   She tried to keep calm. She could die at any moment. 

   Yoko's heart was racing. She'd heard someone come in, the woman coming in too. Then someone bringing back food.
   Are they really with Gin and Vodka? Because... Gin doesn't seem like a man to leave clues... well... and why did they concentrate on Conan's life... if they'd said mine, I wouldn't have had any doubts... if it turns out... no... there's something else... Try to remember when you met Gin and Vodka on the train... I was scared... maybe because I knew they'd poisoned me... No... I felt something... and it's not even here...

   Yoko was so deep in thought that she didn't realise the man was approaching her. She only noticed when he grabbed her, gun to her head. He made his way out of the room.
   Conan?!
   The bespectacled boy was held back by the lady.
   -Say goodbye to him, Kudo Shinichi! Ria the man
   No! Wa... wait! This can't be...
   Without hesitation, he fired.