Chapter 58 - 1412

It was evening. Yoko was on the sofa in the study, reading. She was listening to Ran talking about how she'd met Shinichi in Shibuya. Then the subject of the conversation changed.
   -Let's talk about the story from earlier. Is it true what you told me? That they want me to capture this elusive thing... ? asked Kogoro
   -Elusive one thousand four hundred and twelve!
   -What kind of number is that...?
   -According to Sonoko, he's a great thief who travels the world stealing jewels and treasures. It seems that the name "one thousand four hundred and twelve" was given to him by the CIA, the FBI, Interpole etc... It was a secret code, but apparently it was leaked and now everyone knows...
   He's just a thief...
   Kogoro explained to his daughter that the number was simply a play on words. But Ran wasn't convinced.

   Yoko closed her book as Conan went to bed. She was about to go too. She went through the door before the boy, who had been interested in a code the thief had given her.
   I'll let him have his fun with his code...
   She went upstairs, into Ran's room, and let herself fall into his futon. It wasn't necessarily pleasant, but she was used to it.

   The young girl yawned before stuffing herself under her duvet, looking at her phone. Like every day, she was receiving messages from Yosuke. Recently, he'd been summing up his day.
   -He should stop... my absence is driving him completely mad...
   After a sigh, the former schoolgirl deleted the messages.
   -I should block his number...
   She finally fell asleep.

   Conan yawned, which made Yoko yawn.
   -Don't do that to me... it's more contagious than a cold! complained the brunette
   -Sorry... I've been thinking about the code all night...
   The young girl sighed and looked around. There were police everywhere.
   -Ah, Mouri-tantei! Thank you so much for coming! I'm very grateful to you for acceding to my daughter's request!
   A man with glasses had just arrived. He was accompanied by his daughter, Ran's best friend Sonoko. He led the group towards the stone the thief was aiming for. Yoko and Conan were too small to see it in the display case. Ran carried the boy while Kogoro held the girl by the hood.
   That's no way to carry someone...
   The stone, or rather the pearl, was black. It had been named "Black Star". Thanks to this jewel, the Suzuki family had known nothing but prosperity.

   The young girl was let go. She put her waistcoat back on properly.
   -In any case, laid out like this, it's impossible to miss... and we're on the eve of the big day... Said Kogoro
   -Yes... the date was easy to decipher in the message... that's why, from tonight, the guards will be stationed here... explained Sonoko's father.
   Yoko sighed as she watched the policemen go left and right. She put her hands in her pockets, not listening to the detective make his false deductions. The young girl looked outside through the large window.
   There's nothing interesting to take a photo of...
   She puffed out her cheeks, but was quickly distracted by Conan. He explained to Ran who was looking for the sun.
   What's he looking for?

   -Thanks, Hakase!
   Yoko left the teacher's house with a bicycle. The one she'd asked for. It was a blue bike, rather light. There was a lever on the handlebars so you could ride faster if you pressed it. There was also a strap so that she could carry it.
   The girl quickly looked at the time on her phone. It was already late. Ran must have been worried. She quickly got on her bike and was surprised by the speed when she accelerated.

   The girl in glasses soon arrived at the detective's office. It was after twenty-three.
   -Why did I take so long... ? I'm going to be killed!
   Raising her head towards the stairs, she caught sight of Conan. He was coming down quickly, being on the phone.
   -Where are you going?
   -Yoko... ! I was just going to see where Insaisissa was going... This bike... is it Agasa's invention?
   -Yes... Don't tell me you want me to take you there...
   The former schoolgirl took his look as a yes. She told him to get on the luggage rack before riding off, following his instructions and concentrating on the road.