Chapter 32 - Just a joke

No! Wa... wait! It's not possible...
   Without hesitation, the man fired. Yoko instinctively closed her eyes before opening them again. Everyone was laughing.
   ... Eh ?

   The girl had a suction cup, where the person had pulled. A toy. The gun was a toy.
   The two children were put to rest, not really understanding the situation.
   -You still don't understand, Shinichi? It's me, the greatest crime writer the world has ever known.

   The man removed his top hat and mask, revealing a person with short hair, glasses and a moustache.
   -D...Dad?!
   Sorry?! So... he's Conan's father?! And this lady... logically...
   The lady in question pulled at her hair, removing a sort of mask. 
   -Mum!?
   -I understand about the girl, but the fact that you didn't recognise me Shin-chan... I could go back to acting.
   Haha... Why did I get mixed up in a family affair...

   Reassured, Yoko sighed. She tied back her hair as Conan discovered that the third person was Agasa.

   -So, Agasa-hakase explained everything to you and you prepared this devious little game... grumbled Conan.
   His parents had explained that he had come home, but when he didn't, they got worried.
   -Did you have to involve me? Yoko sighed.
   -It was explained to us that he had a girl with him. Yukiko justified herself
    -And how did you know it was me precisely?
   -Agasa-san showed us a photo. explained the boy's mother
   Where did he get the photo?

   -Still, I was right... you weren't part of the organisation... sighed the brunette.
   -How did you know?
   She turned to Conan, who looked surprised.
   -Apart from my first name... they didn't know anything about me... and that's normal since I've never said anything about myself...
   There was a silence before Yukiko broke it.
   -But how did you manage to fit two of you in the pantry?
   -She wasn't in the pantry, she was in the ceiling. Yusaku explained
   -How did you know? How did you know that?
   Yoko was convinced that she had hidden herself well and remained silent.

   -And? Why else did you do it? I thought I was in mortal danger! Conan snorted again
   -Did you? Did you really? In that case, don't stay in this dangerous country and come with us abroad, or you won't risk anything! suggested the boy's father
   The boy in glasses was surprised by the proposal.
   -It's not possible! interposed Yoko
   Everyone looked at her.
   -... If he leaves, what happens to me? If he goes with you, it's impossible! Even if I have a passport, it's at home. What's more, I've managed to get my bearings here. And I don't even know you! I can't stay here on my own.
   -Besides, it's my investigation, I'm the one who'll be solving it! Stay out of it! shouted Conan.
   He's not gentle with his parents haha...

   Yukiko wanted to convince her son, but her husband stopped her, suspecting that it wasn't just the investigation.
   -But it's far too dangerous! panicked the woman
   The brown-haired girl approached the boy, put her hand on his head and started rubbing it.
   -Don't worry, I'll look after him! I'll look after him!
   She began to smile.

   Yukiko was in the car, taking Conan and Yoko back to the detective agency. Yoko had gone to the front and put her head against the window.
   -Still, I wasn't expecting such a cute girl to accompany Shin-chan! said the woman, disguised as the person who had come to fetch the children.
   -The last time someone said that was ten years ago... sighed the woman concerned
   -What do you mean?
   The girl in glasses looked at Conan, who also looked intrigued.
   -After my parents died... my adoptive parents told me... except that it brought back bad memories so I asked them to stop.
   There was a silence, no one knowing what to say. She was relieved at least. She didn't want any more questions than that.

   -What?! Do you want us to keep it again? Kogoro shouted
   They were back at the agency. In order to convince the detective to keep the two children, Yukiko gave him a large sum of money.
   I think it would have been a good plan to leave... He's going to spend all his money on horse racing...