Chapter 65 - Research

In order to find the missing person more quickly, Conan, Yoko, Genta, Ayumi, Mitsuhiko and Ai had split up. Or at least, they had formed small groups. Conan was with the customer. Genta and Mitsuhiko got together and finally, the girls formed a group. Each had a map with the places that the missing person often visited. The aim was to find a lead.
   Yoko quickly dragged the other two girls to the cafés, restaurants, bookshops and many other places indicated on the map. In addition, she asked to see the thousand-yen notes. If people were creating counterfeit money, it wouldn't be used in machines, according to Conan. She used Kogoro's name to gain access to the notes. But she couldn't find anything.

   The sun was beginning to set when the three teams found themselves, all out of breath, with no new leads.
   -Can I go into that shop? I'm thirsty and... began Ayumi.
   Everyone nodded, and they went inside. It was pleasantly cool compared to the heat outside. The brown-eyed girl decided to grab something to eat.
  There's too much choice... What should I get?
   The former high school student finally abandoned her idea.

   -Let me see that ticket!
   Yoko stepped out of the aisle to where Conan's voice was coming from. He knelt down on the counter, ticket in hand. Then he jumped down from his perch, saying to call the police before leaving.
   -Ah! But wait!
   He's rushing things!
   She followed him, accompanied by the rest of the Detective Boys. She quickly got down to his level.
   -Your deduction was right..." he said.
   For something done a bit haphazardly...
   The others joined the boy, asking what was going on. And he explained that he had paid with a counterfeit note in the shop because it wouldn't go through an ATM. Yoko added that Soseki was the one who had linked the counterfeit money to the disappearance of the brother.
   -It's too early to say that it's this man who's behind it all... but if we make the connection with the men in black who...
   -Conan! suddenly shouted the former schoolgirl, pulling the boy's cheek. What do we do now?
   -Ah-!
   He rubbed his cheek before pulling a banknote from his pocket.
   -I'll just give him back this one he lost...

   He ran off down the street.
   -Is that all? Genta complained.
   -And what about the missing man? Mitsuhiko asked
   -It's getting late, so we're going to go home... But first we should go and get our bags...
   Yoko crossed her arms behind her head and went forward first, once she had finished speaking. The children followed her without question, apart from the new pupil.

   -We should follow him... said Ai.
   -Why should we? He'll be back. Ayumi asked
   -... He's going to investigate without you... Isn't that right, Edogawa-san?
   Eh...?
   She looked at the redhead. How could she know that?
   -But no... he'll be back! the former high school student tried to convince her.
   -That's just like him! He'll be investigating on his own again and he'll get all the honours! grumbled the little girl in the headband.
   -Raaah... ! The girl with the glasses scratched the back of her head. Well... I'll agree to follow him, if you'll listen to me!
   They all agreed, or at least the three founders of the Detective Boys did.

   The small team soon caught up with Conan. He had just entered the station. Yoko went over to a man doing the cleaning, asking him if he knew where the kid with the glasses had gone. Once the information had been picked up, they got on the same train as him, keeping as far away as possible from the former schoolgirl.
   The Detective Boys then left for Daitoma station. The young girl ordered them not to get too close. She decided to close the gap, staring at one person. Ai. In her eyes, she was strange.