Chapter 77 - A disrupted session

-You're going to watch Gomera with us! ordered Genta
   -But I just want to...
   -Come and watch with us! Ayumi insisted.

   Yoko had come face to face with the Detective Boys without really wanting to. Conan had fallen ill. He'd made an appointment with the trio and Haibara to go to the cinema, so he'd asked his sister to tell them he couldn't make it. And now the young girl was obliged to accompany them.

   -Haibara is going to see it with you! Won't she?
   He merely yawned.
   I don't necessarily want to see Gomera...
   Although she didn't consent, the kid in glasses was dragged inside the cinema.
   It's a bit of a mess...
   There were cables everywhere, as well as stepladders.
   Are they doing any work?
   She didn't have time to ask herself any more questions as she was pushed into the cinema's large, empty auditorium.

   I'm bored...
   Yoko rested her head on her hands, elbow against the armrest. She wasn't interested in the film. She was more interested in seeing an animated film. What's more, she was really hungry. As for the children, they were in awe of the monster that was Gomera.
   -Say Haibara... aren't you bored?
   -Why should I be? I think this film is pretty good and well made. Our naive humanity destroyed by its admiration for science... don't you think it's exciting?
   -Not really, no... sighed the brown-haired girl.

   Her relationship with the former member of the organisation had improved considerably since her arrival. She was able to talk to her normally, by dint of being around her at school and even outside. The former schoolgirl even sometimes forgot that her classmate had once been a member of the organisation.

   I want to go home... Conan... don't get sick again when you have to look after them...
   Although she enjoyed the company of Genta, Ayumi and Mitsuhiko, when it came to looking after them, it was a different matter altogether.
   Yoko heard footsteps and turned around. The only person in the room was approaching them.
   -Keep your voice down, this isn't going to work! shouted the girl with the glasses.
   -What for? asked Genta.
   -You're not on your own! Haven't you been taught to keep quiet?
   The three children watched their friend get up and go towards the person who was approaching. She apologised for the noise before returning to her seat.
   -It must be hard to manage children... the redhead almost scoffed.
   -You don't have to tell me... but you could help me too! retorted the brunette.
   The brunette leaned back against the armrest, puffing out her cheeks.

   Film over, everyone out of the room. Yoko stretched.
   -That Gomera was so cool!
   -His head was a bit scary and his body was a bit too small, but it was great!
   The children talked happily.
   -Well, shall we go home? asked the young girl with the brown eyes.
   -No! We've still got two to watch! retorted Genta
   -What?!
   The bespectacled girl banged her head against the wall as her friends went off to buy popcorn. She ended up joining them. Eating would do her good.

   The lady at the counter took the group's order. She offered them the drinks, to everyone's incomprehension.
   -Why offer them to us? asked Mitsuhiko.
   -It's my treat! You're my last customers.
   -What are you talking about? asked Yoko.
   A rather elderly person approached the children.
   -We're closing today... This cinema, which has existed for over thirty years.
   The man who ran the place apologised for the mess. The man who had bought the cinema had started work before the last screening.

   -Come on, don't say that... We were even prepared to destroy it on the spot. We were kind enough to wait until today...
   The buyer had intruded in the middle of the conversation. He gave the former schoolgirl a bad impression. Very quickly, he got into a shouting match because he was smoking. He stubbed out his cigarette as he entered the cinema. Apparently, this man was causing problems, either by smoking in the cinema or by starting fights.
   Shit happens...