Chapter 84 - Gin and Vodka

Agasa had just arrived with her car. Luckily, the owner of the car had not returned.
   Conan wasted no time. He retrieved what he had asked the professor for. A coat hanger and a pair of pliers.
   -Conan, what are you going to do?
   Yoko ignored him. She puffed out her cheeks as she watched her brother walk towards the porch. He slipped the coat hanger, after bending it, between the window and the door.
   -On the cars of yesteryear... we used to do it like that...
   He managed to open the door.
   Oe oe... We're not even sure if it's Gin's car!
   -Yoko, stand guard!
   -Well...

   The young girl sighed and looked around. She quickly spotted, on the opposite street, the familiar silhouette of Gin and Vodka, their black outfits standing out from the crowd.
   Crap!
   She headed for the car door.
   -There they are! Well, on the other side of the street.
   How is it possible to run into them...
   Ai tensed as she heard this. The detective finished what he'd started. That is, installing a transmitter.

   The former student pulled the former member of the organisation out of the car and pushed her behind it. They were soon joined by Conan.
   Let's hope they don't notice the transmitter... otherwise we're screwed... make sure we're well hidden too...
   Yoko gritted her teeth, waiting for them to leave.
   -There are a lot of footprints around the car... Gin observed
   -Passers-by must have looked at your car... it's rare... Explained Vodka
   Thank you Vodka for that justification!
   She was somewhat reassured.

   The car took off, leaving the three children alone behind. They couldn't help but breathe a sigh of relief. They returned to the car, the two girls going to the back.
   -What do we do, Shinichi? Do we follow them? asked Agasa.
   Yes... let's head straight for death...
   -We'll give them a head start and follow them with this detection device.
   The car started off in the same direction as the men in black. Ai crossed her arms.
   -It's no use. Even if we know where they are, there's nothing we can do in our current physical state...
   -Why can't we do anything? We'll manage to find a solution... Yoko sighed.
   -Do you realise how dangerous your behaviour is? snapped the redhead.

   The girl with the glasses shook her head.
   -Keep quiet! Don't say a word! ordered Conan.
   There's no point shouting at us...
   The detective had a rather dark look in his eyes. The same look he had when he had the organisation within his grasp. He was also concentrating on the conversation he could hear.
   -Pisco?!
   -I've heard that code name before... Even if I've never met it...

   The silence continued until the young boy announced that his transmitter had been discovered. There was a pause before the former member of the organisation sighed.
  -What are you going to do? The situation isn't the best... The transmitter has been destroyed, so we can't track them any more. What's more, they've got the chewing-gum you used to attach the microphone... If they do a search on it...
   -I'm fine! I didn't leave any teeth marks and all they'll find with my saliva is my blood type. Plus I wiped the fingerprints off in the car.
   You had time to do that? You're fast.
   -By the way, what did you hear? What were they talking about? asked Yoko.
   -They're planning to have someone murdered by a guy called Pisco at the Haido City Hotel. We've got to stop this crime... Haibara, I don't want you to follow me. They know your face as a child, it would be too risky. You'll wait in the car with Yoko and the teacher.

   The former schoolgirl kicked her brother's seat.
   -I'll come with you! It would be too risky to let you go on your own... I promised your parents I'd keep an eye on you!
   She grinned at him.