Chapter 126 - Panda

Yumi, a policewoman from the roadside, had arrived to tell the children that the roadblock had failed. Yoko didn't concentrate on the conversation. Two things were bothering her. The ever-irresponsible P&A and the car with the man from earlier. Although she couldn't remember his name from the statement, it was the man who had taken the bus. What was he doing there? The young girl didn't know where to put her head.
   Shit! I need to concentrate on one thing... The P&A has priority... Concentrate on that... !
   The former high school student took a deep breath to mentally put aside the man's car.
   -P&A... "P&A"... repeated the kid in glasses.
   -What if those were the initials of where the car was going? suggested Yumi.
   We'd have too many places to list then... Especially if Genta and Mitsuhiko start taking random words to make a place...
   Indeed, the two boys were listing words to make a place. Ai also went in that direction.

   Wait and see... "P&A" can also be spelt "P and A"... That's Panda... But what would that have to do with it?
   -Can you think of anything, Yoko-chan? Ayumi asked.
   The little girl noticed her friend's air of reflection.
   -Are you? Ha... I thought 'P&A' sounded like the word 'Panda'...
   -It's true that James-san loves animals! added the girl with the headband.
   -But you're stupid! There's no word beginning with a 'P' and an 'A'... annoyed Genta.
   -What's more, he would have put blood on the word 'Animal' if he wanted it to have anything to do with animals! Mitsuhiko explained.
   -Oe... I'm just making assumptions, that's all! You're not necessarily making the right ones either! And why go to a place with people when they've kidnapped a guy? Buy them a coffee, maybe?

   Conan stared at his sister before grabbing her by the shoulders. He thanked her before explaining to everyone that the criminals were in a police car, either stolen or customised. Meanwhile, Detectives Sato and Takagi arrived. The detective was then able to explain his deduction. James had called the car a "Panda" because it was a police car. The foreigner knew this word for Japanese cars. And if he knew this word despite his foreign origins, it was thanks to the fact that he had lived in London, which, at the time, had white police cars.

   -Come to think of it... There must have been a police car that went past without being inspected... Thinks Yumi. But I didn't see any strangers inside.
   -Weren't the policemen inside strange? asked Ai.
   -No, they weren't. They had put a hood over the head of the suspect sitting in the back between them... Ah!
   She realised that this vehicle belonged to the criminals. From there, Conan had an idea. Yoko let out a smile after reading it on the boy's face.

   Yoko was in the back of Agasa's car. She was listening to Conan from the front, like the others.
   -Where are you? Sato asked through the badge on his car.
   -About five hundred metres behind their car. What do you want to do? I think I have a solution to the problem, are you interested? Well, for a stupid plan like mine to work, there have to be a lot of policemen with us.
   The girl in glasses took a deep breath. The Detective Boys already knew about the plan. A lot would depend on Genta, Ayumi and Mitsuhiko. The former schoolgirl just needed to make sure everything went smoothly.
   Now the plan was about to begin.