Chapter 44 - A missing lead

-Oe! Yoko! Yoko! Wake up! Wake up!
   That's the voice of... Conan?
   Yoko opened her eyes, the former detective facing her, holding her by the shoulders. She was leaning against the wall. She wasn't wearing her glasses, which had probably fallen among the debris, and her hair was loose.
   -Ah! You've woken up at last!
   -What happened... ?
   -I should be asking you that! There was an explosion, and I found you on the ground. Ran was worried that you hadn't arrived, so I came looking for you.

   The girl stared into space for a few moments.
   -Tequila! she suddenly exclaimed
   -Eh?
   Conan looked at her, wondering what she was saying. But the girl held her head in pain.
   -Don't move too much... at least wait until you've been treated. he ordered her.
   -I'm sorry, it's just... It's just that... there was a member of the organisation...
   -What?!
   -He had a briefcase... and he went to the toilet with it... and then there was an explosion...
   -How did you know that man was with them?

   Yoko shifted position, settling onto her knees.
   -I heard her... he called Vodka... It's true, it's true! I took a photo! If my glasses aren't damaged, and we can find a computer, you'll be able to see the photo!
   Conan got up and searched through the debris. Yoko got up and staggered before managing to get to her feet. She joined him to find the famous glasses.

   The police had arrived, as had the ambulance. The injured girl was being treated. Conan recovered the famous glasses and left. The girl with the glasses had been questioned by the police, who had just left.
   -Yoko-chan! Ran ran over to the injured girl
   Yoko had a bandage on her head, and some bandages on her face.
   -Ran-neechan... I'm sorry I'm late... I got caught in the explosion because of this...
   -Don't worry, she's not seriously hurt. announced the doctor.
   Nothing serious, but it hurt...

   She stood up, putting her hands behind her back and smiling.
   -Where's Conan? the girl finally asked.
   -He was supposed to join us... Ran began to worry.
   -He must be with Kogoro-ojisan! I'm going to join him!
   -Wait!
   Sorry Ran, I've got a few things to do...
   She walked away, looking for the one who was playing the role of her brother.

 -Conan!
   Yoko had finally found the rejuvenated detective. She ran up to him.
   -How did it go? Did you get access to a computer?
   -Were you? Yeah, well... The photo was of good enough quality for me to see the details.
   -Hehe! Don't underestimate my photographic skills!
   -Thanks to this I've managed to find out who planted that bomb.
   The young girl began to blush. Her photos had managed to serve a purpose. She was so happy.
   -I'm going to find Kogoro!
   She ran off, jumping up from time to time.

   Everyone was together. The three suspects in Conan's eyes, Kogoro who was still ill and Ran. As usual, the young boy put the detective to sleep and used his voice to solve the investigation.
   Still, I wonder when he managed to figure it all out and investigate?
   Yoko sighed, realising that she was overthinking things. She concentrated on the investigation.
   -But if we can check a few things, I'm sure the culprit will come forward. Right, Nakajima-san? I'm talking about the contents of that briefcase you're so fond of holding.

   The accused panicked, not wanting to show the contents of this famous briefcase to the police. One of his two colleagues grabbed the case and it opened. The culprit panicked immediately. Tekeshita. It had been proved that the bomb was inside the briefcase that had been retrieved by Tequila. And his dressing room number didn't match the one he'd had. He was targeting Nakajima for revenge. He was quickly arrested by the police.
   -Well, Nakajima-san... you escaped death... Now, why don't you tell us about the man with whom you exchanged your briefcase? Who was he?
   It's clever to use Kogoro to get answers about the organisation...

   The man who had escaped the bomb explained that he knew nothing about them, that he'd just met them in a bar. Conan could only rush towards the place mentioned, trying to be discreet.
   -Wait for me! Yoko almost shouted as the boy passed in front of her.
   She tried to follow him, albeit with difficulty. He was faster. She stopped, out of breath, in front of the big building where Conan had gone.
   It's not a good idea for him to rush! If he runs into them... what's he going to do?!

   An explosion sounded. The top floor had exploded.
   -Conan!
   Yoko screamed in panic. She didn't know if the boy had entered the bar at that moment. She decided to join him, hiding her panic. And she was relieved to see him being held back by a man.
   ... Now I have to calm him down...