Chapter 70 - Deleted Data

Yoko could feel the night wind blowing. From the roof of the detective agency, she looked out over the city at night.
   It was the morning after the murder. As promised to Ran, the girl and Conan had returned the morning of Hirota Masami's case. The former schoolgirl had immediately locked herself in the detective's daughter's room to get some sleep, having not slept a wink the previous night. But now she was no longer tired.
   -Why had I given up... ?
   She'd been wondering for a while about her actions in relation to the death of Ai's sister.

   -You should get some sleep.
   She turned round when she heard the former detective's voice.
   -Do you think I can after sleeping all afternoon? You should go.
   -I know you well enough to know that you're not well. It's written all over your face.
   -...
   She didn't answer. She didn't see the point. And she didn't want to explain to him what she had. But she thought he had guessed.

   The girl leaned against the railing of the roof and let herself slide down to sit down, putting her loose hair back. She took off her glasses and put them on the ground.
   -Do you think I did the right thing following you when we were poisoned?
   -What are you talking about?
   -I was just thinking... maybe you'd have been better off without me... I'm not much use to you...
   -Silly girl. You've saved my ass a few times...
   I can't think of a single time, but well...
   -If you're sorry you followed me, tell me right now!
   -At first I regretted it, but in the end we're fine here! I've got used to your character! laughed the girl
   -All you have to do is say that I'm unbearable!
   -Sometimes you're a bit stupid! In that respect, you remind me of Yosuke!
Conan winced as Yoko cupped his cheek. She'd picked up that habit from her real brother. Then she grabbed her glasses and stood up.
   -I'm going home, it's rather chilly out... ! Good night!

  She went back inside the building, and discreetly entered Ran's room, even though she didn't wake up easily, unlike the brown-eyed girl. She lay down in bed and grabbed her phone to delete her messages. If she could, she would have asked Yosuke to leave her alone.

   A week went by as she waited for the diskettes to arrive, in order to recover the composition of the apotoxin. Once Agasa had called Conan to announce that he had it, the boy headed for the old man's house accompanied by Yoko.

   Once there, the duo entered the house. They made their way towards Ai, who sat down in front of a computer. The former member of the organisation explained that without typing in a password, the floppy disk only looked like text.
   Yoko stood not far from Conan. She hadn't spoken to the redhead since.
   -It's not just information about the composition of the products... it must also contain the names and addresses of everyone who has joined the organisation, as well as the names of those who have been the victims of experiments...
   -If we make good use of them, we'll be able to neutralise them completely...
   If we're not killed by then...

   The brunette sighed. She shouldn't think like that. But, although she had a modicum of courage, she was still afraid of this organisation.
   -But... !
   The screen went black.
   -What's going on? asked the young girl
   -A computer virus... Night Baron! replied Ai.
   This virus was known to the two bespectacled children. It was a virus that destroyed computer data. In a previous case, it was the prize in a competition, the aim of which was murder.

   The Night Baron had been programmed to activate if the floppy disk was used in another computer.

   -It looks like our relationship is going to be longer than expected, Edogawa Conan, Edogawa Yoko...
   No one replied, as the redhead made her way to the sofas. The only weapon against the men in black had been lost.

Detective Yoko - The White Dove 『Detective Conan』जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें