Chapter 5 - Rejuvenated『3/3』

The girl moved closer. Shinichi quickly removed the lens from the glasses, which Kyoka moved away with a quick flick of her hand.
   -Hello there! Don't be shy! I'm not going to eat you!
   The schoolgirl bent down, Shinichi turning round, then looked at the little boy for a long moment, then at the little girl.
   -Those children...
   Don't tell me she recognised him...
   -They're so cute!

   She grabbed both of them in her arms to give them a hug. The brown-eyed girl freed herself from this "Ran"'s embrace before looking at her. Eyes turning violet, long brown hair with a spike on the side.
   -Who are they? the schoolgirl asked Agasa.
   -They're my... nephews!
   She finally let go of the high-school detective, who began to move back towards his books. The photographer did the same.
   -How old are you?
   -Sixte... six!
   -Is she six too?
   Kyoka nodded quickly.
   -And what's your name?

   The young girl reflected. She couldn't give her real name, as she didn't know the person opposite her. If she started doing research, or something like that... what would Shinichi say?
   -Conan! My name is Edogawa Conan!
   -Conan? That's a funny name... and you? she said, looking at Kyoka.
   -Edogawa... Yoko...
   She looked away, speaking in a low voice.
   -So you're twins?
   -Yes!" replied Shinichi energetically.

   The former schoolgirl ended up looking at Agasa and the detective, who were whispering something, before speaking normally again.
   -By the way... where's Shinichi?
   -Haha- He told me he had some business to attend to... Ran-kun! I'd like to ask you a favor! Could you look after my nephew and niece for a few days?
   It couldn't have been worse. Following strangers around and living with them... Although she's a sociable person, Kyoka couldn't do it. Faced with this situation... she was mentally lost!

   The mumbling resumed.
   -What are you doing, Hakase?! She might find out who I am! And I'm not even talking about Enoshiya-san!
   -Hee father's a detective! That can only be an advantage for you!
   -... Of course it would! That way I can get information on these men more easily! Enoshiya-san, do you mind?
   -I don't really have a choice... sighed the woman concerned.
   From now on, it wouldn't be Kyoka, but Yoko. She watched as the man she'd just met pressed himself against Ran, speaking in the most childish voice possible.

   Ran, "Conan" and "Yoko" had come out of the big house. The three of them were walking down the street.
   -Conan-kun
   -...
   -Conan-Kun!
   -What is it? I'm listening Ran-neechan
   Kyoka turned his head. Neither of them was getting used to their new names.
   -Do you have a lover? In your class, for example?
   -No, not really...
   -What about you, Yoko-chan?
   -... Not really.
   -I do! There's a boy I like!
   -Is he the famous Shinchi-niichan you were talking about earlier.

   There was silence for a few seconds. The young "girl" would prefer to avoid this conversation, as it didn't concern her...
   -Yes, that's him! He's not the nicest of boys, he's pretentious and obsessed with investigations, but he's intelligent and courageous. You can always count on him, even in difficult times! I really like him! But I'm counting on you not to say anything to him!
   Kyoka leaned over to look at Shinichi. He was all red. She could see the guilt on his face.

   -We've arrived! From now on, you'll be living here!
   The rest of the journey had been silent. Now, facing Kyoka was a building, with the bottom glazed, where it said Coffe ポアロ ( Café Poirot ). Just above, other panes of glass where behind which a light was visible, with 毛利探偵事務所, Mouri Detective Agency. There were stairs at the side to get to the agency...
   -It's like having a little brother and sister! I've got nothing to hide from you! Come on, I'll introduce you to my father.
   -Listen to me Ran...
   No! He's going to tell her everything! Kyoka grabbed Shinichi by the arm, but he didn't look at her.
   -Actually... I'm...

   A man fell down the stairs.
   -Otou-san ! You scared me! Where are you going?! To a bar?!
   -No! I'm going to work! announced the man proudly, sporting a moustache. I've had a phone call! A little girl has been kidnapped by a man dressed in black! They want me to find her!
   He hailed a taxi. The girl with her hair tied back looked at the ground. A man in black? How many chances did she have that it was the man who had poisoned her and Shinchi? Shinchi, on the other hand, was convinced that it was them, and took Ran and into the car. All they had to do was follow him...