The good deed (Joni)

Kind of based on the movie but not really 😭. This is the 100 chapterrr. Omggggg like that's crazy.

Janet (26)
Toni (29)

Toni's POV

I pulled into the Popeyes drive-through and saw this homeless lady sitting on the side of the drive-through. Normally when you pull into a fast food restaurant, the homeless people come running to your car, asking you for money. But this lady didn't do that. She doesn't look like she's been out on the street for a while, probably a few days. She looks fairly clean, maybe she takes showers at the YMCA or a homeless shelter. Not my business though. I took a closer look at her, through my windows of course, and saw her sketching in a book. I couldn't see what she was sketching but I hope it's good because she looks concentrated.

I heard a car beep behind me and I looked up seeing that I was next in line. I pulled up to the intercom and rolled down my window. I already know what I want so this should be easy.

"Hi welcome to Popeyes, what would you like to order?"

"Hi, can I get a number three with a frozen strawberry lemonade?"

"Okay and is that all?"

"Yes."

"Alright, your total is $15.72. Pull up to the next window." I nodded my head and drove to the next window. I pulled out twenty dollars and when the man came to the window, I gave him the bill.

"Keep the change."

"Thank you, here's your food and drink." He handed me my items and I thanked him. I then went into the parking lot to make sure that I had everything. Just as I was about to pull off, I heard someone curse.

"Fucking hell!" I looked over and saw the homeless woman who was now frustrated. She looked in her bag for what I assumed to be a pencil because the one that she had was now broken in half. How did she manage to do that? I searched in my car for a pencil to give her, because I know I have one. I found a new pack with a sharpener included. Hopefully, she will take this over food. I got out of my car with the items in my hand and walked over to her.

"Hey..." I said and she looked up at me. I took a glimpse of her book and saw a sketch. It looked like a person in heaven, a couple, maybe her parents. Again not my business.

"Yes?"

"Umm I saw that you broke your pencil so I wanted to give you a new pack, with a sharpener."

"Thank you, that's so nice of you." Her soft voice said and I smiled.

"You're welcome. Are you hungry? I can buy you some food."

"No thank you. These pencils are enough."

"You're welcome again. My name is Toni by the way, with an I."

"I know who you are Ms. Braxton." I rose my brow. What? She pointed to something behind me and I turned around seeing a billboard with my face on it, along with the name of my company. I turned back to her and spoke,

"Oh, well what's your name?"

"I don't give my name out to strangers." She spat and I was taken back a bit.

"Wow, you know mine but I can't know yours?"

She smiled, "My name is Janet, no last name yet."

"Fair enough. Well, Janet, I hope to see you around." I said and Janet nodded. I got back into my car and headed home with Janet on my mind. I hope she has a place to stay tonight, maybe I should've invited her into my home... nah she probably wouldn't have gone for that.

***

It's been a week since I last seen Janet. I had even been going to Popeyes for the last week, and not to get food of course, just to see if I could see her but no luck. Maybe she moved to a new location or found a place to stay. I was up in the design room finishing up a few blueprints for this house I'm planning to build when I heard a commotion coming from outside of the design room. I sighed and rolled my eyes. I left out of the room and saw the security at the door arguing with someone.

"Call her then!" I heard a soft voice yell and I instantly recognized the voice. Janet. Yelling doesn't really suit her, she sounds a bit squeaky.

"Ma'am you can't go back there like... that." One of the security guards said and I rose my brow. He grabbed Janet's arm and she tried to pry his hand from her.

"Let me go!"

"What seems to be the problem?" I announced making my presence known. I walked closer to them and all their eyes were on me.

"And why are you handling her like that? Let her go." He let her go and I looked at Janet.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, I am. I just wanted to give you something." She handed me two papers and I looked at them seeing that she drew me. Aww, how nice. I felt a smile form on my face and I looked at her.

"Thank you. These are wow... very beautiful."

"You're welcome, you're very beautiful to draw— well like not saying you're beautiful, but you are, but I'm not hitting on you, I just..." I let out a chuckle and she sighed.

"Thank you again."

"You're welcome. Well, I'll be on my way now." Janet said and turned around to walk out but I grabbed her hand, stopping her.

"Yes?"

"How would you like a job? You know working for me. You can sketch the designs for the houses and you can get paid, of course, instead of sketching for free."

"Sketching is something that I do for fun, I wouldn't want to do it for work."

"But if you love sketching so much, when you do it for work, it wouldn't feel like work." I retorted and she laughed.

"Smart, I like that."

"So have you considered working for me?"

"Yes and my answer is yes, but on one condition."

"What's that?"

"I get my own office."

I laughed, "You were getting your own office anyway."

"Really? And can I decorate and design it myself?"

"You can do whatever you want to it, it's yours."

"Thank you, Toni, you're so kind." She then looked down at herself and sighed.

"I'm still dirty..." I heard her whisper.

"How about this, you come to my house and take a nice shower. I'll have my fashion designer and hairstylist come over so they can help."

"And after you'll kick me out." Janet said more like a statement and I shook my head while we walked to my car.

"Nope, you can stay with me until you get back on your feet, if that's okay with you?"

"Perfect."

***

Toni and Birdman about to piss me KLEAN AWF!

Excuse any errors 🤓