Little Janet (Joni)

Toni (18)
Janet (3 & 18)

Toni's POV

I opened the door seeing a package on my doorstep. I picked it up and looked at it. Babies"R" Us? We don't have any babies here. Unless my mother is trying to tell me something. I looked at the name and it says Katherine Jackson. Who that is? It even has the wrong address on it. I headed inside and shouted my mother's name.

"Ma! We got someone else's package." She came into the living room and took the box away from me.

"715 Mei Way? We're 730, how did they mess up the numbers like that?" I shrugged. People can't read for nothing.

"Bring this to them."

"Maaaaa nooo. You know I'm socially awkward."

"So? Toni you're eighteen and you're about to go to college. Loosen up, go." She handed me the box and I left the house. I headed down the block and looked at each house's number making sure I didn't pass it. Once I found the house number I opened their gate and walked to the door. Before I could knock on the door, some little girl opened it. Or she looked like a little girl. She has on a white onesie with strawberries on it and she has a bottle in her hand. Her hair has strawberry barrettes to match her outfit. I think she's a little, I've read about them before.

"Hi is your mommy or daddy home?" She nodded her head and soon an older woman came to the door.

"Janet, what did I tell you about opening the door?"

"Sowwy momma." The girl waved at me and then hid behind her mother. I smiled.

"How may I help you?"

"Oh my name is Toni and I think this is your package. Is your name Katherine Jackson?"

"Yes and thank you. You're so sweet."

"Thank you. Enjoy the rest of your day."

"You too."

"Bye, Toni!" Janet said to me and I waved her her. She's so cute.

August 28.

"Toni don't goooo!" Janet whined as she clung to me. Ever since that day of me going to her house, we have gotten close. I watch her when her mother is at work or whenever she wants to come over. Today is my orientation for college and Janet doesn't want me to leave. I'll only be gone for two hours, which I told her but she doesn't care.

"I have to go for college remember."

"School?"

"Yes."

"Can I go wif you?"

"No, because you're not in school yet."

"Yes! I do school wif Mama."

"Yes that is true but you're not in regular school like me." I said and continued getting dressed. I put on this black dress that stopped at my knees along with my panda dunks. I grabbed my Marc Jacobs tote bag and sprayed Chanel perfume on me.

"Toni?" I heard Janet say my name I just knew that she wasn't her little self. I turned around and looked at her.

"You're not wearing that at that school. Put on some jeans and a shirt." I laughed. Janet gets jealous over me all the time. We're a couple but we're not really a couple in her little space. I'm more of her caregiver when she's a little.

"Why not?" I asked and she looked at me with her brow rose.

"Because I said. Go and change now." I walked over to the bed and she sat on it. I got in her face and grabbed her neck causing her to look at me.

"Listen, I'm all yours so you don't have to be jealous. I'll be back in about two hours, will you be here when I come back?"

"I don't know. Will I?" I chuckled and shook my head. This girl plays too much.

"Yes, you will." I pecked her lips a few times before fixing my clothes.

"Two hours?"

"Yes, two hours baby, no less."

***

Fuck, man! The orientation took longer than I thought. The teachers just kept talking so much that we didn't even have enough time to tour the school. I wanted to escape but every time I tried, a teacher noticed. I got inside my car and powered on my phone. Instantly messages and calls started popping up.

Baby bear 🐻🩵- where are you, Toni? You said two hours and it's been twenty 😡

Baby bear 🐻🩵- Can you bring me ice cream Daddy?

Baby bear 🐻🩵- Never mind mama said you take toooooo long and it will melt.

Baby bear 🐻🩵- IM REALLY MAD AT YOU DADDY! I WANT YOU HOME 🤬😤😠🖕🏾🖕🏾🖕🏾

Oh wow. I'm getting cursed out with emojis.

Mama K- You better hurry up and come because my Babygirl is mad at you.

Baby bear 🐻🩵- Wait, I want the ice cream now. Strawberry please and lots of candy too.

I swear Janet is going to be the death of me. I started my car and headed to the supermarket to get the things that she wanted. Once I was done, I paid and got back inside of my car. I headed straight to Janet's house and parked my car. I got out with the things in my hand and opened the door with my key.

"Hi mama K."

"Hi, Toni." She hugged and kissed my cheek.

"Are those things for Janet?"

"Yeah, she's pretty mad at me huh?"

"Yup, you told her two hours and it's been three. Go cheer her up." I nodded my head and walked up the stairs to Janet's room. I saw her sitting down in her bed with her strawberry stuffie in her hands wearing the same strawberry onesie I first saw her in. I walked into her room but her eyes never left the tv.

"Can you find the blue road?" I heard Dora say.

"It's right behind you!"

"Baby?" Janet's eyes left the tv and she looked at me in shock. She jumped up and down on her bed before jumping on me.

"Daddyyyy!" I rubbed her back and kissed all over her cheek. I sat Janet on her bed and she smiled at me widely.

"I'm sorry for being late baby but it wasn't my fault."

"I know Daddy and I'm sorry for being a meanie pants to you." She grabbed my hand and pulled me down, kissing my lips. I smiled and kissed her back. She broke the kiss and then grabbed the bag looking at her snacks.

"Thank you, Daddy!"

"You're welcome." She opened the ice cream and licked it. I shook my head and grabbed the spoon from the bag. I opened it and gave it to her. She thanked me before going back to watching the tv. I changed into some comfortable clothes before laying on the bed next to my baby.

What a day.

***

This was cute.

Bro I've been sick since Tuesday and I feel like I'm dying... 🥲😣

Excuse any errors 🤓