Crazy (Rihyoncé)

Onika (25)
Robyn (23)

Onika's POV
Briarcliff

Hi, my name is Onika and I work at Briarcliff which is a psych hospital in Brooklyn. I'm a therapist that talks to patients and sees what goes on in their heads. There's this new patient who apparently killed her family and went on a rampage. Her name is Robyn but I've never gone to her room to examine her. I sat in my office going over a few files from my previous patients.

"Onika?" I heard my boss say my name as she knocked on my door.

"Come in!" She opened the door and my boss walked in. She sat on a chair by my desk and looked at me.

"There's a case at Briarcliff, Robyn. If you don't want to take the case I can give it to someone else."

"N-no I'll take it. It shouldn't be that hard." I nodded my head and she gave me Robyn's file. She left my office and I opened the folder, looking at it.

Robyn Fenty

23

2/20/2000

Saint Michael, Barbados

Robyn killed her entire family including their dog. She claims she didn't do it because she was sleeping. It's hard to sleep when your parents and siblings are screaming bloody murder. All of the evidence points to Robyn's fingerprints on the weapons and blood all over her body and clothes.

Oh my goodness.

Before going on a mini killing spree, Robyn was loved by everyone in her community. She used to help with the community gardens and volunteer at a nearby nursing home. She had many friends and family that cared for her but that all changed one night. No one knows what happened, only Robyn does.

The next day

I woke up at around ten and got ready to go to the psych ward. Today I have a few patients and then Robyn is my last patient. I'm not dreading seeing her but I know she probably is dreading seeing me. I pulled up to the ward and got out of my car. I put my stuff away in my locker but grabbed a book and a pen. I then went to my first patient of the day room. Her name is Zendaya and she's here because she tried to commit suicide. Her grandmother died and that took a toll on her so she because suicidal. I completely understand her feelings because I used to be that way too.

After visiting all my patients I then headed to Robyn's room. I walked into her room because the door was wide open. I guess she's expecting me. She sat on the bed Indian style and just watched the tv. I looked at the screen and it was just that static screen playing. I rose my brow and then looked at her. Robyn has long black hair and light green eyes. Her features fit her face so perfectly and she's beautiful.

"Hi, I'm Onika your therapist." She just shrugged.

"I would like to talk to you and I need you to respond." I sat down on the couch and opened my book. I wrote her name at the top along with the date and time.

"Can you tell me why you're here?"

"White people think I killed muh parents but muh wouldn't do that ting." She spoke lowly in her thick Bajan accent. I nodded my head and asked my second question.

"Why are they thinking that?"

"Because muh di only one alive. But muh swear." She sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes. After asking Robyn a few more questions it was time for me to go. I didn't even get to ask her all of the questions because of the time limit so I guess I'll ask her next week.

***

The next week came around fast and before I knew it, I was back in Robyn's room. The few times that I've come to the ward, I've seen her and we would wave at each other. It's good to know that she was warming up to me already. I entered her room again and she smiled at me.

"Hi, Nika. How was ya week?" That's new too. She gave me a nickname, Nika, and I gave her one too, Robbie.

"My week was good. How was yours?"

"Eh, I cried over my mom and sista."

"And why not your dad?" I asked as I sat in my usual seat. She shrugged and looked at me.

"I dunno."

"It's okay Robyn you can tell me."

"No, next topic." I sighed.

"How old were you when you came down to the States?" I asked her and she smiled.

"I was five. Muh was so vex because muh leff muh grandmother."

"Leaving her made you upset?"

"If! She haffi pay the bill so she nah come." I nodded my head.

"That's your dad's mother?"

"No."

"Mmkay. Have you spoken to her since you came down?"

"Yes, I told her some things and she said that the devil does wok hard."

"What did you tell her?" She shrugged and I wrote down a few things in my book. Robyn tends to shut down sometimes, I noticed that last week.

"Did you tell her some things about your dad?" Robyn began rocking back and forth and I looked back at her worriedly. I walked over to her and used my penlight to examine her eyes. They darkened and I jumped back. All of a sudden, it was like something possessed her. I looked at her in fear as she began yelling.

"No! You don't know what you're talking about! I protected her from that evil man!"

"Protected who Robyn? Robbie your scaring me." She stood up and walked over to me. She grabbed me by my arms and began shaking me.

"Ahhh! Stop! Robyn!" I tried fighting her, or whatever she was, off of me but it was so strong. This is not Robyn and I'm scared.

"He kept hurting her! It's all my fault!"

"Robyn! Let me go!" I yelled and a few security guards and nurses came into her room. They pulled her off of me and I watched as they tackled her to the bed. They began tying her up with the restraints but she kept kicking and screaming. The heart monitor beeped rapidly as they tried to calm her down.

"Let me go! Let me go." What is happening? Robyn thrashed around in bed and her back arched. Veins began forming in her neck and arms and she let out this devilish scream. A nurse fell onto the floor and passed out. Robyn's body relaxed and her heart rate slowly went back to normal.

What just happened?

***

Excuse any errors 🤓