Meeting Again? (Joni)

Umm y y'all not commenting?? 😭

***
Nobody's POV
Janet's Residence

"Gil, please don't make me pee on myself." Janet laughed as Gil shook his head.

"I'm being for real. Dunk his thing was so little and then after he nutted he got the nerve to go to sleep. I didn't even get mine yet."

"Alright, Gil that's TMI."

"Right right. I'm surprised you don't have one of your little hoes over."

"My hoe days are over. I'm too old for that."

"Sure, and when was the last time you had sex with one of your hoes?"

"I haven't had sex in a while."

"You liar!"

"I'm being serious, I've only been getting head."

"I refuse to believe that."

"Well believe it. I haven't had actual sex since—" Janet was about to say the person's name when her cell phone rang.

"That's one of your hoes?"

"No this number coming from a hospital."

"Not one of your hoes giving birth." He joked and Janet sucked her teeth before picking up the phone.

"Hello?"

"Hi I'm Dr. Eve from Cedars Sinai and I'm calling to inform you that your wife and daughter were involved in a car accident—"

"I'm sorry I think you have the wrong number..."

"Oh well, you're listed as the next of kin for Toni Braxton. Is that wrong?"

"No it's not wrong it's just that I'm not her wife. Are they okay?"

"Your daughter has minor injuries but your— Toni has deep lacerations and a broken arm so we might have to keep her overnight."

"Okay, I'm on my way." She hung up the phone and looked at Gil.

"What happened?"

"Apparently I'm listed as next of kin for Toni so according to the doctor 'my wife and daughter got into a car accident'," Janet said as she got up to get dressed.

"Daughter?!"

"Exactly. So someone has to take the child home, I guess that's gonna be me since I'm apparently her mother."

"Why didn't Toni tell you?"

"I have no idea. Only she knows."

Cedars Sinai
Janet's POV

"Hi, a Dr. Eve called me and told me that my wife— I mean Toni Braxton and my daughter were here."

"Yes, I'm Dr. Eve. I'm going to take you to your daughter's room because Toni is in critical condition."

"For what?" I asked. Of course, I was concerned because if she dies, I'm going to have to take care of our child that I know nothing about.

"She had a piece of glass on the side of her waist so the surgeons had to remove it."

"Is she gonna be okay?"

"We don't know yet. The glass hit a major artery causing her to bleed out but our hospital has the best surgeons so she's in good hands." We stopped at a door that had stickers on it. I guess it was the pediatrics room.

"This is where your daughter's room is. She's completely fine, except for the minor cuts and she's just a little bit shaken up." I nodded my head and the doctor left me alone. I slowly opened the door and saw a little girl who was bout three, sitting on the bed playing with a stuffed bunny. When she saw me her eyes lit up. Does she know me?