It hurts like hell (Joni)

Love was always supposed to be, something wonderful to me...

Toni (27)
Janet (28)
Michele (4)

Nobody's POV
2004

"Janet come here please!" Toni shouted. She has some exciting news to tell her wife. She and Janet have been married for two years and have been trying to get pregnant. They went through many surrogates but couldn't find one so they decided to try IVF.

"What the matter baby?" Janet asked as she rushed to the bathroom. Toni smiled and handed Janet the pregnancy test that she took.

| |

The test read and Janet's eyes widened. She wrapped her arms around her wife, embracing her in a hug.

"It worked baby." Janet said and sniffled.

"Yes, it did." Janet pulled away and lifted her wife's shirt. She rubbed Toni's stomach and looked at her.

"I love you, baby."

"I love you too." Toni's stomach grew so much in the last couple of months. By the time she was seven and a half months pregnant, she had to be put on bed rest.

"Baby, we have to think of a name for her." Toni said. At her five-month appointment, the couple found out that they are having a baby girl. The two of them were so excited that they started buying things that day.

"I know, she'll be here soon. How about Michele?" Janet suggested and Toni turned her head towards her.

"After me?"

"No after Michael Michele." Janet sarcastically said and Toni hit her arm. Janet laughed and rubbed Toni's stomach.

"You're mother is very abusive." She joked again while rubbing her wife's growing belly.

"No, I am not. I like Michele though. Michele Jo Jackson."

"I love that name baby." Janet said and kissed Toni's stomach. She couldn't wait for her baby girl to come.

***
2005

"Baby my water broke!" Toni shouted from the bathroom. Janet got up from the bed and tended to her wife's care. The couple had everything planned out for their big day.

"Toni remember to breathe baby." Janet said doing the breathing exercises with her wife. The two of them headed to their car and Janet drove them to the hospital. Once they arrived at the hospital, Toni got checked into a room.

"Hi, mommy." Jackie, Toni's best friend said walking into the room.

"Hi, Jackie. How much longer? I'm ready for her to come out. I'm tired of being pregnant." Toni said and they laughed.

"I'm going to check to see how far you are dilated." Jackie lifted the sheet and saw that Toni was almost fully dilated.

"You are eight centimeters dilated. I'll be back with the other nurses and you'll be ready to push." Toni nodded her head and Jackie left.

"Are you excited baby?" Janet asked and Toni nodded.

"Yes, I'm just a little nervous."

"It's going to be okay. Our babygirl is going to be here soon." Jackie soon came back and Toni was ready to push. Janet grabbed her wife's hand and Toni squeezed it.

"Push Toni." Toni grunted as she pushed with all her might. After a few more pushes, their daughters' cries rang off in the room. Toni panted and leaned back against the pillow.

"It's a girl!" Jackie said and laid the baby on Toni's chest. Toni rubbed her daughter's back, soothing her cries.

"She's so beautiful baby." Janet said and kissed Toni's forehead.

Her babygirl is finally here...

***
2009

"Momma there's a monster in my room." Toni and Janet's daughter, Michele said as she walked into their room. Janet opened her eyes and sat up in bed.

"Momma, get the monster." She ordered and Janet got out of bed. The two of them walked to Michele's room and Janet turned on the light.

"There's no monster baby."

"Uh-huh! It was there momma."

"Okay, come on." She picked up her daughter and walked back to her room. She laid her in the middle of the bed and then laid beside her.

"I love you, momma."

"I love you too 'Chele." The next morning, when Janet woke up her wife and daughter, weren't in bed. She heard their voices coming from downstairs and she smiled. Janet headed to the bathroom, did her morning routine, and then headed downstairs.

"Hi, momma."

"Hi, baby. How did you sleep?"

"I slept good. No monsters." Janet laughed and kissed all over her face. Michele squealed and pushed her mother away.

"Momma!

"Okay, I'll stop." She turned to her wife and wore this smirk on her face.

"Janet please don't start." Toni said and laughed.

"Why not? I can't kiss you, baby?" Toni laughed again and shook her head.

"Just one kiss. A peck." Toni said.

"Just a peck..." Toni leaned in and pecked her wife's lips. Janet grabbed her waist and deepened the kiss. Toni smiled but kissed her back.

"Ewww." Their daughter said and Toni pulled away.

"You said a peck."

"No, you said that. I just repeated what you said." Janet said and Toni laughed. After the family ate breakfast, they took Michele to the park. She has been begging to go since it's started to get warm outside.

"Are you ready Michele?"

"Yes." Toni and her daughter said at the same time. The three of them left their house and walked to the park. Once they got there, Michele ran off to play.

"Stay where we can see you!"

"Okay!" The couple took a seat on a bench and watched their daughter play.

"I remember when I used to love to play at the park with my siblings." Janet told her wife.

"Janet?"

"Hmm?"

"Stop acting like we're here when we are not. It's time to let us go, baby." Toni softly said. Janet blinked and looked around seeing that her wife and daughter were nowhere to be found. No one was around her actually. Just trees, bushes, and flowers. She sighed and began crying. Her wife and daughter got injured in a hit-and-run a few years ago. The two of them were on life support until they passed. Janet was so hurt. She lost the only two people she loved and who loved her. Other than her family of course but they are not Toni and Michele.

She's all alone.

"Janet it's time to go inside and take your meds." Her mother told her. Ever since Toni and her daughter died, Janet has been suffering from depression and suicidal thoughts. She never imagined her mother taking care of her, it's supposed to be the other way around.

"Mother I'm fine..." Janet said and wiped her tears.

"No, you aren't, I heard you talking to them. Come inside." Janet also suffers from hallucinations. She can see, touch, hear, and smell her daughter and wife but they are no longer here. Janet takes a handful of medications for her disorders but they never work. She can still see, touch, hear, and smell Toni and Michele.

Sometimes the pain is just too much and it hurts like hell...

***

This is different from what I usually write soooo, so you guys like it?

Excuse any errors 🤓