like a mother - chris

requested?: no!

summary!: in which you're more of a mother to your little siblings than your actual mother, and chris helps you out after a little breakdown :,)

notes!: totally unrelated to the story but i'm gonna need all of you to read tripletsdot , abbie13sworld , and @Marrie335 's books! okay that's all love u go read RIGHT NOW

y/n's pov
i was at my boyfriend chris' house. this was the first time all week we'd been able to see each other, he was busy with meetings and filming, and i was busy with my siblings, but today was finally a good day for me to come see him. we were laying together in his bed watching a movie, when my phone rang. "sorry," i said. "you're okay baby," he paused the movie. i looked and it was my mom, and i sighed before answering.

"hello?" "you need to come home." she said as soon as i answered. "why?" i asked. "i'm going out, you need to come watch your brother and sister," she said. "are you serious? i told you today was my day to see chris so you didn't do this shit to me!" i said, getting frustrated, and chris put his hand on my knee. "get over it, you saw him, didn't you? come home." she said and hung up. i put my phone down and brought my hands to my face, trying to stop myself from crying.

"baby," chris said, pulling me into him, and holding me, and that's when i started crying. "she does this all the time, i need to go home chris, i'm sorry," i sniffled. "hey, hey, it's okay," he said. "i'm literally only 19 and she's making me be their mother so she can go out and do whatever it is that she does every night, it's not fair," "i know baby, i'm sorry," he held me tighter. "why have kids if you won't even take care of them," i mumbled, getting up. "i'm coming with you," chris said.

"you are?" i asked. "mhm, i can tell you're stressed out baby and not feeling okay mentally, i'm here to help you and that's what i'm gonna do, okay? everything's gonna be okay," he said, coming over and hugging me one more time. "i love you," i told him. "i love you princess," he kissed my forehead, and we left to go back to my house. as soon as we walked in, my mom was walking out. "of course," i mumbled. after a few minutes my brother came up to me. "i'm hungry," he said. "mom didn't feed you?" i asked and he shook his head.

"okay, i'll make you something right now," i smiled at him, going into the kitchen. i searched the cabinets and we had nothing. "you have to be fucking kidding me," i said, pulling out my phone, texting my mother.

y/n
you seriously couldn't feed them? or
go to the store to get food? what am i supposed
to feed them?

mom.
figure it out. leave me alone.

y/n
and the best mom award definitely
goes to you!!!

"whats the matter baby?" chris asked walking into the kitchen. "there's nothing in here to make, i don't know what i'm supposed to feed them," i said, getting frustrated again. "hey, hey, it's okay, i'm right here baby, what do you need?" he asked. "i need her to be a better mother, i need to stop having the responsibility of a mother at 19 years old. but right now i need to figure out what i'm going to feed them," i sighed. "how about i order something?" he asked. "no chris you don't have to, this isn't your problem and," he cut me off, "it's not yours either, baby," he said.

"i'm here to help you baby, how about we order some food, and then you and me can go to the store to get some stuff later," he said. "okay," i sighed, leaning forward into him. "it'll all be okay, i promise," he kissed my head, pulling out his phone and ordering food. "thank you," i mumbled into his chest. "that's why i'm here baby, to help you," he said. "y/n! i'm hungry," my brother came into the room again. "i know, foods coming, i promise," i said.

the food ended up coming and we all ate, and were on the couch watching a movie, when my mom came home, completely out of her mind. great. she went upstairs, and i got up, following her. "are you fucking kidding me?" i asked shutting her bedroom door. "what?" she asked. "you leave your kids to go get drunk and come back high off your ass?!" "i-" i cut her off. "no, i've been more of a mother to those kids in 3 months than you have in my whole 19 years of living, why the fuck would you have kids for you to not even take care of them?!"

"i take care of my kids!" she yelled back. "do you? there's no food in the house for them to eat! you left and they were telling me you didn't feed them, and there was nothing here for me to even make for them! you can't even buy food for them!" the door opened, and i felt arms wrap around me. "come on beautiful, it's not worth it," chris whispered, and we left the room. he closed the door and i cried into his shoulder. "i know, i know, i got you.." he whispered. "i had them pack a bag of a few days worth of clothes, you guys can come stay with us," he said.

"chris, no! this isn't your problem," i cried. "and it isn't yours either baby, you guys don't deserve to be treated the way you are by her. so come on, they're already ready to go," he said, and we walked downstairs. we got into my car, driving to the triplets house. they all got out and i stayed in the car for a minute, trying to calm myself down from everything that's happened today. i saw chris come back to the front door, so i got out, walking over to him, and wrapping my arms around him. "i love you, thank you," i mumbled into his shoulder. "i love you, i'm always here," he said, lifting my head up and giving me a quick kiss.