she's not you - matt

long imagine !

request !

summary!
in which you have feelings for matt, and he
gets a girlfriend, so you slowly start distancing yourself from the triplets, blocking them and deleting your
social media accounts, and fall into a state of depression. after a month, you start getting close to the triplets once again, and once matt finds out from nick that you love him, he breaks up with his girlfriend for you, and you guys get together :).

POSSIBLE TW:
small mentions of a su*cide attempt
mentions of depression

y/n's POV

i was best friend with the triplets. inseparable basically. we had been best friends basically since birth, we grew up together, and it had gotten to the point to them asking me to move with them, when they moved to LA. of course i said yes, because i wouldn't be able to be away from my best friend for months at a time, until they were able to come back to Boston. i have always had a crush on matt, and i always thought he felt the same. we would basically flirt with each other, every time they posted a youtube video with me in it, there would be comments and edits.

we would always get asked if we were dating, or when we were gonna start dating. we always ignored them though, we never wanted to feed into those types of comments. we even got ship edits every time a new tiktok or youtube video was posted with me in it. everyone wanted us together, i wanted to be with matt, and all i needed to know was that he wanted to be with me, and it would all work out for us, and i would be happier than i already am. chris and nick knew about my feelings for matt, but they wouldn't tell me if matt had feelings for me, and i understood.

they probably didn't know, matt is a closed off person and doesn't open up a lot, so it's always unknown how he's feeling, until he bottles it up for so long and it all comes out at once. i got a text on my phone, it was nick, asking me to come over. i replied saying yes, and got up to start getting ready. i threw on a hoodie that the triplets gave me, i don't know who's it is, and some leggings before throwing on my shoes, and i decided to just leave my hair down for today, so i just brushed through it, and then i was on my way to the triplets house.

i eventually got there, and i got out, walking up to their door and walking in. i assumed nick was in his room so i walked upstairs all the way up to nicks room, knocking on the door, before walking in. nick looked up and saw me and gave me a sympathetic smile. "what?" i asked, confused. "come sit, i have to tell you something.." he looked at me. i walked over to his bed and sat next to him, and he looked at me. "i'm telling you this because you're my best friend, and i don't want you getting hurt by finding out the wrong way.." he started. "nick, you're making me nervous." i told him.

he looked at me, "matt has a girlfriend," he said, and my face dropped. "what...?" i looked at him. "i'm sorry, i didn't want you to find out by walking in on them kissing or something," nick told me. "who is it..?" i asked. "i don't know, i think her names Jasmine or something, he didn't really tell us. he just told us he had a girlfriend." tears started rolling down my face, "i really thought he at least maybe felt the same way.." i looked down. "i know y/n, me and chris thought so too. chris got pissed at him when matt told us, he hasn't talked to him since." nick told me.

"it's fine, if that's who he wants, at least he's happy," i wiped my eyes. "uhm, i'm gonna go home.. thank you for telling me nick," i said, getting up. "of course, please text me if you need anything," he said and i nodded. i walked out and downstairs, and i heard someone call my name. "y/n!" it was chris. i turned around and saw him, and i saw matt behind him. "oh.. y/n," he frowned, he knew nick told me. he came over to me and hugged me, and rubbed my back. "please tell me if you need anything," he whispered to me and i nodded. "y/n? why are you crying?" i heard matt ask. i just shook my head, not even looking at him, my face was still in chris' shoulder.