loss - chris

POSSIBLE TW !!

talks about death, loss of a family member, very small mentions of a drunk driver, if this makes you uncomfortable, or this is a sensitive topic for you, please skip. also know my messages are always open if u need it <3!!

y/n's pov

i was hanging out at the triplets house, cuddled up with my boyfriend chris on the couch as we watched stranger things. we had been together for about 7 months now. i had moved to LA about a year ago, while my family was still in pennsylvania. i always went home for a week every other month to see my family. i basically lived at the triplets house, but i still had my own apartment that i still was at some of the time. we were about halfway into the episode when my phone started ringing. "sorry," i said and got up, walking into the kitchen, it was my mom calling me.

"hello?" "honey.." it sounded like she was crying. "mom.. what's wrong?" "your father.. he got hit by a drunk driver on his way home from work last night.. we was rushed to the hospital and we've been here all day, but he didn't make it..." she started sobbing at the end of her sentence. i just froze in shock. "i'll let you know when we have everything planned out for his funeral, please just don't stress yourself out about coming home immediately, im gonna stay with your grandmother for right now anyway.." she told me. i didn't respond, i was still just frozen, i couldn't move. i dropped my phone and it felt like i couldn't breathe.

"y/n?" someone called. "baby.. what's wrong?" i heard, and then i heard footsteps coming towards me. i didn't even realize i was crying until i saw chris in front of me, and he reached out and wiped my tears away. "my dad.. he.." i couldn't even finish my sentence, i broke out into sobs and fell into chris' chest. "shh, shh, i got you baby." he whispered into my ear. he held me as tightly as he could, rocking us back and forth. "he's gone," i cried into his chest. "i'm so sorry baby, i'm so sorry," he kept whispering, leaving little kisses on the top of my head. i finally moved my arms and wrapped them around chris, holding onto him tightly.

"i'm right here, i'm not going anywhere baby.." he whispered. after a few minutes my breathing was a little more under control, and my sobs had stopped, there were still just tears rolling down. i pulled away and looked at him, and i could see his heart break through his eyes. "oh baby.." he frowned at me. "what do you need? do you need anything?" he asked me. "i need you.." i mumbled and laid my head on his shoulder. "i'm right here," he reminded me. "can we go lay down?" i mumbled once again. "of course let's go.." he kissed my forehead and grabbed my hand. i looked over at matt and nick and they gave me sympathetic smiles.

he brought me downstairs to his room and he climbed into bed, immediately opening his arms for me to climb into. i got into bed and climbed up and laid right on top of him, and his arms immediately wrapped around me. "i can never talk to him again.." i whispered, tears threatening to spill again. "i know baby.. i'm so sorry.." "it was a drunk driver, how stupid can you be!" i yelled, gripping at my hair. "hey hey, don't do that.." he said, grabbing my hand and holding it. "if you need to scream and yell, or cry, do it with me baby. hit me if you need to, scream at me, just don't hurt yourself.. you're already hurting enough right now," he told me, before kissing me.

we pulled away and i laid in the crook of his neck, holding his hand. "i love you chris, thank you," i mumbled. "i love you baby, i'm not going anywhere any time soon, im right here with you baby, i promise.." he whispered, kissing my forehead. we laid there in silence, with chris rubbing my back, before i eventually ended up falling asleep.