drunk argument - matt

requested?: yes!

summary!: in which you're drunk and confuse chris for matt and it causes an argument between you two.

notes: i was a little iffy on writing this just bc it would kinda basically show underage drinking but here we are !

y/n's pov
"babyyy," i smiled, walking over to who i thought was matt. "i'm not matt, that's matt," they pointed over to another boy. "so who are you?" i asked. "chris," he said. "but wait, i thought you were my boyfriend?" i slurred, leaning into kiss him. "y/n!" someone yelled. "what?" i asked. "that's not matt that's chris!" "wait what?" i said. "oh my god let's just put you in bed," someone said, grabbing my hand and bringing me into the bedroom.

- the next morning -

i woke up feeling like absolute shit. my head was pounding, and i was still tired. i looked around to see i was in matt's bed, and matt was laying there on his phone. i rolled over, wrapping my arms around him, and he just pushed my arm off of him. "what's the matter?" i asked, and he ignored me. "matt?" i said, now sitting up. "matt," i said again, this time taking his phone out of his hands.

"give me it," he said sternly. "not until you tell me what's wrong," i said. "why don't you go ask chris?" he said, snatching his phone back. "what?" i asked confused. "you don't remember? let me remind you! last night you thought chris was your boyfriend and tried kissing all up on him, and i had to watch," he said, before going back on his phone. "matt i," he cut me off. "i don't wanna hear it," he said.

"matt," "drunk actions are sober thoughts," he said. "matt you're fucking triplets! you all look fucking identical, it was probably 10 times worse with me being drunk," i said, and he just rolled his eyes at me. "everyone told you chris wasn't me, and you still tried to kiss him," he said, now looking at me. "matt, you try being drunk and being in the same room as 3 people with the same exact fucking faces. i only knew who was nick because he's blonde, other than that i couldn't fucking tell, do you know how absolutely gone i was?" i said.

"and i'm not trying to make excuses for myself because i get why you're upset and i would be too, but i'm just trying to tell you that you both looked the exact same, i couldn't tell," i said, and he just looked at me. "it just hurts y/n, seeing you go for chris, do you know how shitty that made me feel?" he said.

"i don't but i can only imagine, and i'm sorry, i.. i don't know, matt, i really don't have an excuse, but it wasn't intentional and i can promise you that," i said. "did i kiss him..?" i whispered, after a few minutes of silence. "no," matt said and i let out a sigh of relief. i laid back down, wrapping my arms around matt again, and he looked down at me. "i'm sorry matt," i said softly. "it's fine," he said. "matt,"

"y/n it's fine, now be quiet before i change my mind," he said, leaning down to give me a quick kiss, and that was when i knew that it wasn't fine, and i would have to spend the rest of my life making it up to him. i genuinely felt terrible about what i did, even thought i didn't really know i was doing it. but seeing how hurt he was about it really broke my heart, and in that moment i decided i was never drinking that much again.