panic attack - matt

request!

summary!
in which you and matt are a newer couple, and he has a panic attack and you're not sure what to do, so you call chris.

y/n's pov
we were all going to a party. we as in me and the triplets. i was in my boyfriend matt's room getting ready. me and matt have been together for about 3 months now, but it's been the best 3 months so far, matt really makes me happy and i'm grateful for him. me and him met through chris. chris is my bestest friend in the entire world, and when he introduced me to his brothers, we all clicked immediately. and it took me and matt awhile, but we finally admitted our feelings and now here we are.

i was in matt's bathroom doing my hair and touching up my makeup. nothing too crazy, i was just curling my hair and touching up my lipgloss and mascara, that was the only 'makeup' i wore. i finished up my hair, and walked back into matt's room, to see him sitting on the edge of his bed, staring at the floor, bouncing his leg, and biting his fingernails. "you okay?" i asked, walking over to him. he nodded, but kept doing it. "matt, what's the matter?" i bent down in front of him, and he wouldn't look at me.

i grabbed his free hand, and he just kept continuing to shake his leg and bite his nails. suddenly, he took a deep breath, and then his breathing became uneasy, and his hands started shaking like crazy. "matt? matt, what's wrong?" i asked him. in the 3 months i've been with him i've never seen this before. "matt baby what do i need to do to help you?" i asked. now i was stressing myself out. i rubbed his hand with my thumb, giving it little squeezes, and used my other hand to run my hand through his hair, up and down his cheek, anything i could to let him know i was there, but nothing worked.

still holding onto his hand, i grabbed my phone and called chris. "hello?" he answered almost immediately. "chris come up here please, matt's like, i don't know what's going on i don't know what to do," i said. "i'm coming," he said hanging up. almost immediately chris was coming into matt's room. "he's having a panic attack," chris said, walking over and sitting next to matt. "matt, breathe," chris told him. "take deep breaths with us," chris told him, taking a deep breath, signaling for me to do the same. we both took deep breaths and sooner or later, his breathing starting going back to normal, but he was still shaking.

"matt, you're okay," chris told him, rubbing his back. eventually matt calmed down fully and he grabbed my hand again. "what happened?" chris asked him. "there's gonna be too many people.." matt said, and we could barely hear him, but we did. "do you wanna stay home?" chris asked. "no, it's okay.. we all got ready-" matt said but i got him off. "matt, if there's gonna be too many people for you we can stay here, this can happen again if you go and you're surrounded by everyone," i told him, and chris agreed. "okay," matt whispered looking down.

"okay, i'll let nick know, and i'll let you two be alone," chris said. "thank you chris," "of course," he smiled at me, before leaving the room. i stood up and matt pulled me right back into him, holding me tightly. i wrapped my arms around him and rubbed his back with one hand, and ran my other through his hair. "i love you," he mumbled. i froze in place for a second, that was the first time we've ever said we love each other. "i love you too matt," i smiled, leaning down and kissing his head.