car accident pt 2 - matt

requested!

summary!
in which it's the next day after the car accident and your head is still hurting, so matt takes you to get checked out and takes care of you :).

y/n's pov
it was the next day after our car accident. my head was still hurting, but i didn't wanna tell matt that. he would worry about me more than he already does, and i cannot stress the poor kid out like that. matt was still asleep, so i used this to my advantage and snuggled closer to him, shoving my face in his neck, feeling him hold me tighter and pull me even closer. i must've woken him up, because now he's rubbing my back, tracing little shapes his thumb.

"good morning, baby," he said, kissing my cheek. "no," i mumbled, closing my eyes, trying to go back to sleep. "still tired?" he asked, and i nodded. "and my head hurts," i mumbled, not realizing what i just said. "your head hurts? from yesterday still?" he asked, now pulling away to look at me. "i think so, i don't know," i shoved my face into my pillow. "baby, we need to get it checked out then," he said. "no, i'm fine, it's like just a headache," i said.

"my love, i hate to break it to you, but if it still hurts, then it's probably a concussion, we need to go get you checked out." he rubbed my back, kissing my head. "i don't want to," i whined. "i know baby, i know you hate hospitals and doctors but i'm not sure what's wrong, and how to help you, so we need to go check," he said, rubbing my back. "i promise when we get back we can just lay here all day, and i'll take care of you, how's that sound?" he asked.

eventually i got up, and out of bed, losing my balance, but matt was right there, to hold on to me and help me keep my balance. "baby, i think you have a concussion," he frowned at me. i decided to just go in what i wore to bed, which was sweatpants and matt's hoodie. he quickly got changed and we went out to the car, driving to the hospital. "it wasn't a little tap on the window, was it?" he asked as we were driving. "no," i said quietly. "baby, why didn't you tell me?" he asked as he pulled into the parking lot.

"i didn't want you to worry, your car had just gotten hit," i said. "but now look baby, you may have a concussion and we could've gotten you help yesterday," he frowned at me, parking the car and getting out, coming over to help me out of the car, and helping me walk inside. he checked in and told the nurse what was happening, and almost immediately i was taken into a room. they did the tests that they had to do, and now we were just waiting for the results.

idk i've never had a concussion before so idk what they do😭

the doctor came back in, and looked at me with a frown. "so it is a concussion, we're gonna let you go home since it's not severe, but you need rest. your head also needs rest. so no watching tv, using your phone, anything that makes your head work, if that makes sense," he said to us, and i just nodded. "is there anything she can take? like ibuprofen or anything?" matt asked him. "tylenol is the safest," he said, and matt nodded. "okay, well i'll let you go home and get some rest, just take it easy for a little while," he said, before leaving the room.

matt stood up, coming over to me and wrapping his arms around me. "i'm sorry baby," he rubbed my back. "it's not your fault," i said to him. "let's get you home," he said, and we left and went out to the car, driving back to the triplets
house. we went inside and immediately to matt's room. i laid down, and matt got in with me, pulling me into his chest. "you don't have to stay with me matt, you can go hang out with nick and chris," i told him. "nope, my girl has a concussion, and i'm gonna take care of her," he said, kissing my forehead. i laid my head on his chest, and almost immediately i was asleep.