pick me - matt

summary:
in which you are dating matt, and
he and his brothers come to hang out with
you at the mall and you meet his "best friend,"
who in reality, just wants your boyfriend.

y/n's pov

i was at the mall right now waiting for my boyfriend and his brothers to show up. they told me they were bringing along one of their friends for me to meet, so hopefully we get along okay. i saw matt's car in the parking lot, and i watched him park the car, before chris got out and came running to me, along with nick. "y/n!!!" they yelled hugging me. "just so you know the girl you're about to meet is like obsessed with matt, just a heads up," nick told me and i nodded. "yeah, it's like really bad." chris said. "okay, got it," i smirked.

matt eventually walked up with the girl behind him, and i wrapped my arms around his neck. "hi baby," i smiled, kissing him. "hi beautiful, this is chloe," he introduced as we pulled away. "so you're the girlfriend! i've heard so much about you," she said. "cant say the same, but i'm sure you're great!" i smiled sarcastically at her. "it's nice to meet you though," she said. "you too," i smiled. i grabbed matt's hand and he gave me a squeeze, he probably knew exactly what i was doing. i looked up at him, and he was already looking at me. "i love you." he told me. "i love you," i smiled.

we decided we were gonna get food first, so we grabbed a table. "you two stay here and get to know each other, i'll go get you some food, babe," matt told me, leaning down and kissing me. "okay," i smiled. "you know what i like matt," chloe told him. "yeah.." was all he said before he walked away. "so girl, you guys are such a cute couple!" she said as they walked away. "thanks," i smiled. "you're gonna have to share him with me," she giggled, and i raised an eyebrow at her. "no i'm okay, you can have one of his friends or something, not him," i said. "babe! i was just kidding," she smiled. "okay.." i said. i didn't like her. "i wouldn't share my boyfriend if he looked like that either," she said.

i was hoping the triplets would hurry up and come back, because i was so close to reaching over this table and hitting her. "where'd you find him? amazon? i want one like him!" she giggled. "we met in elementary school, we've been best friends since and he asked me out our freshman year," i told her. "oh wow that's a long time, you're not tired of him yet?" she said. "no?" "well if you ever are, i'll be glad to take him off your hands," she smirked at me. "i just can't believe he ended up with someone like you," she said. "and what the fuck does that mean?" i looked at her. "it's just that he's so perfect, he has all those options, like me, but he picked you!" she said.

"okay listen, i don't care how badly you want my boyfriend. he clearly picked me over you, so i swear to god if you say one more thing about him i'm gonna reach over this table and slap the shit out of you," i warned. "i'm just saying he likes you for more than how you look!" she tried making herself sound innocent. "i'm not doing this," i said getting up, walking over to where the triplets were. "baby? what's wrong?" matt said as he noticed me walking over. "i don't like her, matt she just sat there and had a whole conversation with me about how you have all these options but picked me, how i have to share you with her, and when i get tired of you she'll take you," i looked at him.

he sighed and pulled me into him, "i'm sorry baby," he kissed my head. "do you know how uncomfortable it is to have someone basically hitting on your boyfriend to you," i mumbled into his chest. "i know, i'm sorry," he whispered into my ear. they grabbed the food and drinks and we walked back to the table, "chloe, what happened?" matt asked her as we sat down. "i don't know, me and y/n were talking and then she just got mad at me said she was gonna hit me and left," she said and looked down. "i don't like her matt, we've been best friends forever, and you're gonna let her come in and ruin it?" she looked at him.

"first of all, this is my girlfriend. i don't care if you don't like her, that's not my problem. i'm not gonna pick and choose girls until they meet up to your standards." "i- i.. matt that's not," matt cut her off. "no, you sat here and harassed my girlfriend about me and how you want me after we break up, if you were really my best friend you wouldn't do that to my girlfriend." he said. "you know what matt? it's me or her." she started getting mad. "easy, y/n." "what?! matt, what about-" "i don't care, you disrespected my girlfriend and i don't like that, bye!" he said. "but you brought me here, i have no way home," she whined. "not my problem, call an uber," he said. she scoffed and stomped away, and matt looked at me.

"i'm sorry you had to deal with that, i didn't know it was that bad." he told me. "you knew?" "chris and nick told me they'd overhear her talking about me, but i didn't know that's how bad it is." i just sighed and grabbed his hand. "i love you, only you," he said. "i love you," i gave his hand a squeeze. "did you really say you were gonna hit her?" chris asked. "yes! she basically called me ugly, and said that matt should've basically picked her, so i told her he clearly picked me and if she said one more thing about how she wanted him i was gonna hit her," i shrugged. "that's why i came over to you guys, cause i was gonna hit her," i said. "you should've," nick said. we all looked at him, "what?! i can't stand her," he shrugged. i smiled and laughed, before we started eating our food.