fired - matt

summary!
in which your parents passed away,
leaving you to take care of your little sister,
and everything was okay, until you got
fired from your job.

y/n's pov

i was on my way to my boyfriend matt's house, to drop off my little sister lily. our mom had just passed away recently, and our dad had passed away a few years back, leaving me to take care of lily. matt has had no problem watching her when i went to work, and i was extremely grateful for him. he loved her, and she loved him, so it all worked out thankfully.

i pulled into their driveway, getting out and lily got out as well. we walked up to the front door and i pulled out my key matt had gave me, and walked inside and to matt's room. i knocked before opening the door, and he looked at me. "matt!" lily yelled, running over to hug him. "hi lil," he smiled, hugging her back, before looking at me and coming over to me, hugging me. "you doing okay?" he whispered into my ear. "i'm so tired," i mumbled into his shoulder.

"i know baby, but after today you have tomorrow off, you and lily can spend the night here," he smiled at me. "are you sure?" "of course," he smiled and kissed me. we pulled away and i looked at lily, "okay lil, i gotta go to work, be good for matt okay?" "okay!" she ran over and hugged me. i hugged matt one more time, and he gave me another kiss. "i love you," he told me. "i love you, i should be back by 8," i sighed. i made my way back to my car and drove to work. i got there and i was 10 minutes late, this is the third time this week, my boss is going to kill me.

i walked in, and there she was, waiting for me at the front door. "y/n," she started off. "i know, i'm sorry i just-" i got cut off. "this is the third time, y/n." she said. "i know, i just had to drop lily off, it's been hard since our mom passed, Jess. i promise you it won't happen again, im so sorry." i told her. "you're right, it won't happen again, because you're fired." she said. "what? no, please. i need this job. i need to take care of my sister!" my eyes teared up. "i'm sorry, but you're fired." she said, walking away.

i made my way out to my car once again, and lost it. everything had finally caught up to me, and me being fired was just the cherry on top. i had a entire mental breakdown in my car, before calming myself down just enough to go back to matt's house. i got there, and wiped my eyes and sat there for a minute, i couldn't even begin to imagine how i was gonna tell matt, how i was gonna tell lily. i got out, making my way back inside and back to matt's room. i walked in to see him and lily watching a movie, with lily cuddled into his side, asleep.

he looked over at me confused, before carefully getting up so he didn't wake her up, and coming over to me. "you're back already?" he whispered, bringing me into the hall, closing his door. my eyes teared up again and he frowned, pulling me into his chest. "she fired me matt," i sobbed. "i don't know what i'm gonna do, i can only take care of her for so long until i run out of money," i cried into his chest. he held onto me tighter, "baby, baby, calm down... you're gonna make yourself sick," he told me. "i.. i won't be able to buy food, things she needs, i won't even be able to pay rent," i cried again.

"baby, listen to me," he said. "you and lily are gonna stay here, i'll take you guys to your house and you can pack up everything, and i will help you baby, until you can get another job," he said, rubbing my back. "no.. no matt i can't let you do that," i told him. "why not?" "it's not your job to take care of me and my sister," i wiped my eyes. "y/n, im your boyfriend. it is my job to take care of you. and i love lily just as much as you, i love her like she's my own sister, of course i'm gonna take care of her." he said, and i started crying again into his shoulder, this time, 'happy' tears.

"i love you, thank you. i don't know how i got so lucky with you." "don't thank me baby, you need my help and i'm here to help you. i'll even help you find another job baby, you're gonna be okay, everything is gonna work out, i'm right here to help you," he whispered into my hair, kissing my head multiple times right after. "now come on, you need to rest just as much as she does," he told me, bringing me into his room. he laid next to lily again, and opened up his other arm for me. i laid next to him and snuggled into his side, immediately closing my eyes. "my two girls," he kissed my forehead, and that was the last thing i heard before i fell asleep.