needles - matt

request!

summary!
in which you have to get blood drawn and are
very anxious, and matt is there to help you
and make sure you're okay :)

as a matt girl i love all of these matt requests <3

using personal experience for this one
bc when i was in the hospital with covid they
had to take my blood like 3 different times

y/n's POV
i was in the hospital with covid. matt has been with me the entire time, ignoring my protests for him to go home. i've been here for 2 days already, and honestly, there was no sign of me going home anytime soon. i looked over to see matt asleep, in what looked like a very uncomfortable position, in an uncomfortable chair. i sighed to myself, he should be at home sleeping in his own bed. it's a lot more comfortable.

i turned on the tv and watched it for a little while, and then i heard movement next to me, i looked over and matt was stretching. "hi baby," he smiled. "how long have you been up?" he asked. "maybe like half an hour? you looked uncomfortable baby, why don't you go home and sleep somewhere comfortable?" i asked him. "and leave you here alone? no, i'm okay." he said. "but-" "y/n, baby, you're scared of doctors, and anything that has to do with them, im staying here, im not gonna leave you here alone to be scared," he said, grabbing my hand.

"fine," i sighed, squeezing his hand. we heard a knock on the door, and a nurse came in. "hello y/n, how you feeling?" she asked. "okay," i smiled. "good, okay so, we have to run a few tests, which means we have to take some blood from you," she said, and i tensed up. "how much?" i asked. "we're probably gonna take a few syringes full," she said and i nodded. "the nurse should be in soon, i just wanted to give you a heads up," she smiled at me, before leaving. i looked over at matt, and he was already looking at me.

"it's okay, you'll be okay, i'm right here," he said, getting up, walking over to me. "see? and you wanted me to go home," he smirked. "shut up," i told him. a few minutes later, there was another knock on the door, and another nurse came in. "alright, y/n, you ready? we'll get it done and over with real quick," she said, and i hesitated, but nodded. i saw her lay everything out next to me, i saw the needles and i started panicking. "baby, baby, you're okay, look at me," matt told me.

"shes afraid of needles," matt told the nurse, and she nodded. "that's okay! this will only take like a minute y/n, i promise," she said. "keep looking at me baby, don't even look over there," matt said while the nurse was wrapping that plastic thing around my arm. "matt," i said. "you're okay," he said, moving the hair out of my face with his hand. "i'm right here," he reminded. i felt a poke in my arm and went to look, but matt took his hand to make me look at him.

"one done, i just need 2 more," the nurse said. i felt another poke in my arm, and this time i looked over before matt could stop me, and my eyes widened. "y/n," he said, making me look at him. "you're almost done, it's okay," he said. "you're doing great y/n! one more," she said, and once again, i felt another poke in my arm. "and you're all done!" she said, pulling the needle out, and taking the plastic thing off of my arm. i looked over and saw 3 syringes of my blood, and i wanted to throw up, pass out, cry.

"do you need anything?" the nurse asked as she cleaned up. "no, i'm okay," i mumbled. "okay, we'll be back in a little bit to check on you," she smiled at me and matt, before leaving. "im so proud of you baby, i told you you'd be okay," he smiled at me, leaning down to kiss my forehead. "i love you," i mumbled, i wasn't a very happy camper right now. "i love you, pretty girl," he kissed my forehead again.

okay so u guys are gonna be mad at me. i unpublished my "brothers best friend" book, and im changing it to another matt book. i had so many ideas for that book but i honestly did not know how to keep an entire irl book going. so, i was thinking about doing a social media book, it would be social media like instagram, snapchat, text messages, youtube, etc, with some irl chapters. i would just take all the ideas from my previous book, and put them into this one, bc i think this one would be easier for me to work on. and it would be the same cast, just a few more added. i'm gonna post the cast chapter in the next 15/20 minutes so be on the lookout for thattttt <3

i also plan on starting a "wrong number," type of fanfic for chris. so stay tuned for that as well ! :)