"We can't and you know it" I whispered back

"Why can't we?"

"Because there is war, Remus. All the places are closed-"

"That's why we are going to the muggle village"

I didn't know what to say.

"Do you really think it's a good idea?"

"Absolutely" he said, a big grin on his face

"Fine" I said after a moment. Remus kissed my cheek and then my lips. Once again, Remus was the one to deepen the kiss.

We got a bit carried away until Sirius shouted not to shag on his couch.

We pulled away, both blushing.

"Wanna go upstairs?" Remus asked me

"I'm not really in the mood" I whispered "Sorry"

"It's okay" he softly kissed my cheek.

I looked over to the door where Matilde has just walked in. She had changed her clothes. She was wearing a crop top that didn't suit her. She was too old for that. And she had a black leather skirt. It also didn't suit her.

She made me so insecure.

She had a glass of wine in her hand. She looked over to us, her gaze lingering on Remus before she looked at me and smirked. It was an evil smirk.

I looked down on my lap and swallowed.

"You okay?" Remus whispered to me and twirled a piece of my hair around his finger.

"Yes, uhm, just tired" I said "think I am going upstairs soon"

"Yeah, me too, I am quite tired as well"

I rested my head against his chest and looked at our intertwined fingers.

I stayed quiet for most of the night, talking when someone asked a question from me. Remus free hand rubbed my arm, making me even more sleepy.

My eyes were barely open when Abby told me to come to the kitchen with her. Remus gave me a kiss before letting me go.

I sat down on the kitchen table and looked how she poured herself a glass of wine.

"What's going on?" She asked me

"What?"

"You have been off the whole night, something happened, what was it?"

I let out a sigh and started to pick the skin of my thumbs.

"Matilde" I said quietly

"What that bitch did?" She asked, getting angry.

"I don't if that's true or not so I can't really-"

"What she told you?" She interrupted me

I told Abby about what happened before. Abby asked me a bunch of questions and at the end just told me to talk about it to Remus.

I was already in bed, waiting for him to come upstairs. When he finally did and got under the covers,  I snuggled close to him as always and whispered his name.

"Hm?"

"Look, I asked earlier if you have any secrets that I don't know about"

"Yeah"

"Well, it was for a reason"

"What do you mean?"

I sat up a bit and hold the blanket over my naked body.

"Matilde talked to me before. When I cut the snacks" I looked at his reaction.

"Matilde?" He looked confused "what she told you?"

"She said that you have something to tell me. She didn't want to tell it herself"

Remus turned his head away, furrowing his eyebrows

"We have only talked about order. I don't remember any other conversations I would have had with her"

"...any...touches?" I asked

Remus looked at me like I had grown two heads.

"No! Absolutely not!"

I sighed and looked away from him.

"Venus, honey, you know her. You know she is jealous. You should not listen to her. There has been nothing between her and I. Absolutely nothing"

"But why would she say it out of nowhere? I wasn't in the house, maybe you got bored and-"

"So you believe her?" He sighed

"I don't want to believe, but...what if"

"Nothing happened, Venus. You can look into my mind and see that I avoided her at all costs"

I looked at Remus again. He had those puppy eyes that told me the truth.

"I'm sorry" I whispered and took his hand "I believe you"

Remus smiled and lifted my chin.

"It's okay, love"  He pulled me into his lap and hugged me tightly. "I will talk to her, tell her to stop her nonsense" 

"I feel bad" I whispered "I trust you Remus, she just- she makes me insecure" 

"You, darling, are my everything. I don't look at others, I have you and you are all I need" 

--------------------------------

Okay, so...hehehe... I made another fanfic about Professor Lupin x student (it was too complicated to write teacher x teacher, especially if the character would have had kids). 

But the new story seems so much better for me. I have written six chapters already. So here is the question: should I publish the other story or should I first complete this one and then publish the other?