25.4: A Night To Remember

AMBROSE

August doesn't seem to be quite impressed by my mediocre dancing skills and to be quite honest with myself, if I was watching that shit go down too, I'd be disappointed. With that being said, I felt alright and I'm pretty much certain that he was entertained. And I'm entertained too. The smile on his face was just something that I'm gunning to see and I made him smile. I'm sure he's feeling some type of way after just breaking up with his girlfriend a while ago.

"What are you doing?" I deliberately asked the moment I noticed he was watching something on his phone. I leaned my head a bit towards him to get a sneak peek of what he was watching and it was just a video of some recognizable people from school at a random house party. "Where is that?" I followed up and casually snaked my arms around his shoulder. I'm becoming more and more clingy and I don't even realize it.

"Someone else's house. I don't know whose house was it." August replied subsequently shutting his phone screen off and eventually putting it away.

"Did you miss partying?" I was just wondering that maybe August wants to crash some house party, that specific party. He looked like he wanted to be in that house party but I might be wrong. "We could definitely crash that party if you would like to." I added basically suggesting this such possibility. I don't mind going out and crashing some random house party, that sounds pretty fun but I'd rather stay here with this guy. I'd rather spend this night with the guy that I never thought I would like. I'd rather be alone with the person that makes me feel weird and yet exciting feelings.

"Nah, I just happened to scroll down on that video." He replied turning his head to face me and give his attention to me. He gently slapped my cheek and I quickly hugged his hand before he could even pull it away from me. "Have you ever been this close and intimate to someone before?" He interrogated.

"What?" I was slightly shocked by that question that came out of his mouth and I thought I never heard what he just said but I definitely heard it crystal clear.

"Do I really have to repeat that?" He asked.

"No, no." I slowly pulled my arms away from his shoulder with the thought that he might not want me to be too clingy or something. "I have never been this close or intimate to anyone before. Ever." I confessed slowly realizing this was actually a relatively new thing for me. I have to admit that I don't know myself as this clingy type of person because I'd like to think that it just makes someone look weak. I've always maintained my distance from anyone and even with my friends. I was never the one who hugs them or anything close to that.

"Why'd you pulled your arm away?" August asked to which just removed the fear that I just felt. But I just don't really know how answer that question. "Put it back. I like being this close to you."

"What?" The words that came out of his mouth sounded like a dream to me but it was actually the reality.

"I said I'd like to cuddle." August yanked my arm and casually put it back right where it truly belonged. Around his shoulder.

I suddenly felt a jolt of embarrassment. I was blushing by the thought that he was the one suggesting this idea of cuddling and I just don't really know how respond to that blatant offer. I'd like it better if it was a casual and unplanned thing.

"Aight. I'm going to get us some more ice." I stood up, grabbed the bowl of already melted ice and then eventually trudged my way towards the kitchen sink.

I flushed the melted ice water on the kitchen sink and then went to the fridge to refill the bowl with ice cubes. While I was putting cubes on the bowl, I was already smiling on my own like something's making me smile. That was August. Just the thought of us hanging like this was making me feel really great and I haven't been feeling this great in a long while. I was just feeling much happier tonight more than I would've ever imagined. The night's still young and I'm pretty sure this is going to be a night to remember.