19.3: Blooming in Jealousy

AMBROSE

The day ended very much early and it had left me with nowhere else to go. I probably have a good five or six hours of spare time before going to that house party that August had mentioned last night. I don't quite know how would I spend that much of free time when there's basically nothing to do here in this suburban town. There's nothing much except for the presence of breathtaking nature. I thought of going out to my secret spot at river and go swimming alone like I used to. I walked out of the room and the hallway was flooded with buzzing people. Everyone appeared to be hyperactive and the noise was just thunderous enough that it could crash the building. Most of them are excited for the weekend, that's the only reason as to why the upstream energy. If this was on a Tuesday or a Wednesday, everyone's still probably wearing their saggy faces. However, the lingering knowledge that it's Friday makes their expression a lot livelier. Most of these people are probably excited to go home and do whatever they want to do. Watch some porn or perhaps wank. Some of them are probably planning on going to Victoria's house party and for some who aren't invited like me, they'll probably just crash at the party.

I'm not that close to either Victoria or Nicole, I don't think I've ever walked past just being acquainted to them, and I know I'm not invited to their little house party shenanigan. But who gives a fuck about who's invited or not. These kinds of parties always welcome party crashers more than anyone would think of. I'm just going to swing by later and steal August away from Rachel.

I ushered myself towards my locker and I couldn't help myself but feel eager for time to tick by. I'm just getting all excited to hang out with August and the longer I wait, the more I feel hungrier for him and his company. I've been deprived of his attention all week long and I want this imminent night to be as perfect as the moonlight. I was busy fixing my stuff and I was unaware of the fact that I'm already smiling like a dog.

"Dude, who got you smiling like that?" Someone suddenly tapped my nape and the coldness of their hand was more than enough to make me scramble in utter surprise.

"What the fuck!" I let out a curse as I turned around to look at the suspect.

It was none other than Leopold. I thought it was Marlon for a second and I didn't even notice the clear difference in their voices. I know Marlon's voice was a bit deeper than Leopold's.

"Is it a girl?" Leopold teased hoping to poke the reason as to why I was smiling a few seconds ago.

"Shut up," I replied squashing his attempt.

"We are heading to the open field; do you want to come?" He asked.

"Nah, I'm good. I think I'm going to avoid fighting for a while."

"For real?" He raised his eyebrows and he's probably refusing to believe the blatant words that I just spat. If I was in his position, I wouldn't want to believe it too.

"Yeah, for real."

"Okay, but are you going to Victoria's house party?" He followed up with another question that really caught my attention.

"Wait, you're invited to that?"

"Of course. Everyone's invited. Victoria's been talking about it all day long."

"Oh, I see."

"Alright, see you at the party." Leopold huffed and his tone sounded so much like he'll be expecting me to show up at the party whether I like it or not. He gave me once last tap on my shoulder before eventually leaping across the hallway.

After fixing my stuff, I shut my locker and eventually thought of Victoria's party. If everyone's invited, then I don't have any problem swinging by. I'll just show up later and hope that August had already made Rachel drunk and wasted.