20.5: The Storm Is Coming

AUGUST

Just like everyone else, I am feeling the essence of a Friday and it has been this sort of excitement mixed with a rush of relief. Everyone at school was looking much happier and much galvanized that another week has finally come to its eventual end. I'm sure most of these people have already made their plans after class, and just like most of them, I'm more than eager for the day to just end in a snap.

Rachel parked her truck and before we know it, we were already walking towards the school building. I'm still quite surprised that everyone's looking at us with the thought that we are still the power couple when it's already been over two months since we announced that we are dating. I know two months was still just a short amount of time but for me, it feels like I've been dating this popular girl for the past year. I feel like we've been together for the longest but I don't even know if we will actually last that long if I'm being honest. I know at some point I have to end this relationship before it bites me real hard. However, I just don't know when. I just don't know how long I would want to use her for the clout and if I'm going to use her for a longer period of time then I'm pretty certain of the fact that my sin would weight much heavier than it already weighs now.

I was holding Rachel's hand as we walked through the pavement but I'm thinking about Ambrose. I wonder if, just like me, he's excited too. I shouldn't be wondering but I'm slightly getting anxious. Perhaps I just missed the guy so much that if I could just jump in front of a train just to hold him, I definitely would but we don't have any train here in Mary Heights.

***

The clique all sat at the usual spot at the park bench during our first break. Victoria was looking rather stressed out and they all began to have this conversation.

"Why are you stressing yourself out?" Rachel interrogated Victoria.

"Because I'm scared that no one would come to the party," Victoria was already whining like a puppy. Victoria's always this frank person, she's mean and ruthless but I guess the one good thing about her was she's never scared to tell anybody what she really thinks of them. She always speaks her mind, whether she carefully thought about it or not.

"Girl, just invite everybody." Nicole chimed in.

"What do you mean just invite everybody?"

"Like this," Nicole uttered sounding confident as if it's her own party. "Hey, Marlon." She shrilled calling for the attention of Marlon who was just about to pass by.

"What's up?" Marlon said as he moved an inch towards our table.

"Victoria's having a house party later, I'm sure you want to come." Nicole spat.

"Well, of course yeah." Marlon nodded and I can almost see how the news lit up his face.

"Perfect. Now move along my dear, and don't forget to tell everybody about it," Nicole ordered trying to act as graceful as a queen and Marlon was the loyal knight that has travelled through several mountains just to come and serve her.

"I will." Marlon nodded obediently and just like that, Victoria's problem was cut short with the help of Nicole and her so called connections.

"Okay, bye."

I'm starting to notice something between Marlon and Nicole and I'm sure everyone has already picked up on that. It's quite blatant.

"What the hell was that?" Victoria seemed to be stunned by what had just happened.

"I just invited them boys," Nicole answered wearing this smug expression on her face as she was whipping her hair into the air.

"I know, but you and Marlon?" Victoria raised her eyebrows as she tries to get a read of Nicole's face.