CHAPTER 6: Alone and Angry

AMBROSE HAYLOCK

A three-day suspension. A fu**cking three-day suspension on the first week of the school semester. That's the only consequence that I've earned from beating the shit out of that newcomer. If I only knew I would just be suspended, then I would have bashed his head like a watermelon just like that guitar that I used yesterday. He made me look like shit even though he ain't the real shit. I know he wasn't the one who uploaded that clip on Mary Heights Files but he was the reason why I entered school this morning and some people are laughing at me. Phil even said he might just steal my high spot for being the most feared person in all of Mary Heights High. I don't give a single fuck about being the most feared person here but I just want to keep that spot if I want to survive this hell. Being feared provides me with a lot of benefits that I needed. Money. Food. Protection. And the fact that no one wants to lay a finger on my first love, Rachel Curtis.

I entered school this morning having no plans on getting back at that newcomer but I saw him talking to Rachel during the first break. I instantly felt a great surge of jealousy most especially after I saw Rachel laughing. She was laughing as though she's comfortable being around that jerk. I've never seen Rachel chuckle like that in front of some other guys and that definitely made me feel threatened in every single way. I did everything for Rachel and I have never seen her smile and chuckle like that. Her mirth was simply breathtaking to watch.

There's no word that can perfectly describe the feelings that I have for Rachel. She's the only girl that I can see myself with and I've been trying to ask her out for three years now. Three years seems like a long time and it is, for me it feels like I've been shooting arrows in the dark for a century. Three years of trying to get her to go out with me and I haven't made a single fu**ing progress. I don't know what's wrong but I've done a lot of things for her. I have thought of giving up for some time. I thought maybe she really doesn't like me but every time I see her tuck that long glossy hair behind her ear, she always sends butterflies to my stomach.

Miss Briar was greatly outraged by my violent actions; I can feel it in her eyes when she was reprimanding me. Despite all of that, I know she doesn't have much of a choice but to just suspend me. She can talk or rant however she wants and that's the only thing that she's allowed to do with those chained hands and feet. I guess that's the power of a Haylock.

I am now walking straight out of the school building after that moment with Miss Briar. Everyone's already having their classes but I wasn't allowed to enter mine and I'm totally okay with it. I was shouting like a mad man as I staggered the hallways until I was out of the school gate. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. The three-day suspension sounded liberating to me until I realized I don't have any shit to do.

I slowly walked towards the spot where I parked my motorbike right beside Phil's new car. I started the engine and began riding towards the secret spot by the river where I will spend my time to calm down and get my shit together. I'm still feeling mad about that August guy and the fact that he's trying to take Rachel away from me. I'm not going to let that happen but I also want to refrain from acting up. The ride was only ten minutes, sometimes five if I'm feeling like a racer. I parked my motorbike right at the spot where it can no longer travel. I began traveling on foot and by the time I got to the secret spot, I was feeling a little bit better.

I found this beautiful and tranquil spot last year when I was running away to hide from a group of hoodlums that I bumped with. It's a spot where the current is calm like the water in a pool and you can swim freely without getting dragged. I dropped my backpack on the floor and wasted no time. I removed my clothes until I was fully naked and eventually dived into the cool and soothing waters of the river. I stayed under the water for as long as I can stand and by the time I emerged, I felt free of the anger.