22.10: Love & Predicament

AUGUST

I spent my free time today with Mary, Rock and Gustav and I'm starting to grasp this thought that I may be spending my free time with them for the rest of the week. And if things aren't quickly combed between me and Rachel, it might extend for who knows how long. It doesn't matter to me anyway, whether this thing ends up stretching to a month. I'm totally fine with Rachel ignoring me for the whole damn week if that's how she wants things to be. Of course Nicole and Victoria would always support her and just like what I'm thinking, they are ready to flash their sharpened fangs and claws in order to protect their bff.

The bottom line is that I don't really have some plan on straightening my situation with Rachel. Even though she thinks this whole damn situation was all my fault, but in my eyes, I perfectly know that this was Rachel's fault. I know my shortcomings that I should've told her that I don't want to have sex with her but it was all her that made all of the advances.

I don't know how long this would go, honestly speaking, but I certainly don't want to make the first move. That's most probably because I want to see if Rachel really wants me that bad. Am I leading her on or something? I don't even know but I don't want to be the one to swallow my pride just to approach her and apologize for basically no reason at all. She can be upset for a while and I'm sure she'll come to her senses soon but I'm really looking forward for her apology and the things that she would do in the name of love.

Lunch came and I found myself looking for signs of Mary. I was carrying my tray of food and my eyes roamed throughout the cafeteria in search for the group of people who I'm going to have lunch with. I saw Rachel, Victoria and Nicole at our usual spot but I ignored them almost immediately. I began walking around until I walked passed by Phil and his gang and I noticed the absence of Ambrose. I immediately thought he was absent again but for what reason?

I continued walking until I remembered the benches outside. I instantly knew Mary and the rest are there. I trudged my way outside until I eventually saw them at the same bench they were at yesterday.

"Why are we having our lunch here?" I huffed the moment I arrived at the bench. I was just curious about why they like to eat here outside when there are a lot of tables inside the cafeteria. Although the ambience in itself was green and great, to me it's translating that they are the ones who are outcasting themselves from the rest.

"Because we are all having our packed lunches, duh." Mary jested and my eyes instantly brushed at what's in front of them. They all have their packed lunches and I'm the only one who bought something at the counter.

"What? I don't remember any rule that says you can't eat inside the cafeteria if you have packed lunches." I was shaking my head even knowing that there are a lot of students who have packed lunches but are still eating inside.

"We just like to eat here because the air is fresh." Mary replied which I thought was just the first thing that came to her mind.

"Also the silence and the tranquility here makes a perfect scene to eat." Rock added and he might be right. Here at this bench, there's lesser noise and the slight brush of the cool breeze was certainly refreshing. We aren't the only ones who are eating here but it true that it's more quiet here compared to the crowded cafeteria.

"It's like having a picnic." Gustav answered with his mouth still full of food.

We all ate while having some casual conversation. Rock and Mary did not argue today but I kind of want to see them bicker about something. It's actually to listen to them throw shade at each other. By the time we were all finished eating, Rock and Gustav excused themselves and went to the bathroom. It was just a perfect time for me to have a bit of conversation with Mary.