20.2: The Storm Is Coming

AUGUST

Our last period had finally reeled to an end and I'm left in this surging wave of dilemma between going on a movie date with Rachel and just riding through town with Ambrose. I am cruelly torn in between who to choose from the two and the feeling wasn't that great at all. I'm still sitting at my desk holding my phone with my mind trying to fight things off. Meanwhile, everyone's already packing their stuff. Most of the people who have already packed their things in a snap have already bounced out of the room leaving the few sluggish people behind.

"My mama told me when I was young," I stared at my phone for a while and I suddenly heard Jessie began singing in a random display of his flamboyance. He trudged his way towards the center front of the room and looking right at him, he was seemingly living a certain fantasy. He was now standing right in front of the room preparing for his act. Engulfed in this magnificent veil of confidence, he was now holding a make-believe microphone using his hand and it seemed like he's about to open a concert or something.

"We are all born superstars," I heard Lily, Alyssa and Blair all sang in unison following up Jessie's initial lines. In all fairness, I was shocked to hear the cohesive display of vocal prowess coming from the three ladies. Jessie, with the imaginary microphone, pointed the microphone towards the group of three girls and they all exemplify this unbreakable chemistry.

"She rolled my hair and put my lipstick on in the glass of her boudoir," Jessie continued singing alone, still feeling the popstars fantasy. "There's nothing wrong with loving who you are,"

Lily, Alyssa and Blair all made their way towards the center front to meet Jessie. "She said, "'Cause he made you perfect, babe."

"So hold your head up, girl, and you'll go far." Jessie pointed towards the three ladies who all held their head up pointing above the ceiling as they slowly moved behind Jessie.

"Listen to me when I say," They all went in unison and I have to say I'm quite impressed. This was just a plain acapella act but they all looked like they are in an episode of Glee. Jessie's voice was a vocal standout purely because it was deep, almost baritone. While the ladies were all doing a good job at backing him up.

Watching them randomly perform this beautiful and meaningful song by the icon Lady gaga put a subconscious smile to my face. The great thing about it was I got distracted and forgot about the dilemma that I am currently facing. They got my attention perfectly hooked and I'm not going to lie, my heart was jumping with such great joy on the inside. I never thought I need this amateur performance but the little gay August hidden inside of me was squirming in pure happiness. There's a part of me that's itching to jump right in with them and sing but then I remembered I'm still playing that straight guy that everyone has a crush on. I slapped myself on the inside and stayed glued on my seat.

I'm beautiful in my way 'cause God makes no mistakes
I'm on the right track, baby, I was born this way
Don't hide yourself in regret, just love yourself, and you're set
I'm on the right track, baby, I was born this way (born this way)

These four should actually create a name for their little singing group, that sounds fitting considering this small random display of talent. If there's a group called the Barden Bella's in Pitch Perfect, then they should at least create a name for their group.

Ooh, there ain't no other way, baby, I was born this way
Baby, I was born this way (born this way)
Ooh, there ain't no other way, baby, I was born this way
Right track, baby, I was born this way

Don't be a drag, just be a queen
Don't be (don't be, don't be)

They continued singing with pretty much Jessie leading the act and the ladies where his back singers. And they even had this dance choreography that perfectly matched the essence of the song. I was enjoying the performance more than I could've thought that I didn't know I was already singing with them.