CHAPTER 12.1: Signs of a Thunderstorm

AMBROSE

What had happened in the comfort room was just a short fleeting moment worthy of forgetting in the next few hours. That I hope it would be. But I had never felt this kind of awkwardness mixed with some tension ever before in my life. There's definitely something different in the air. I heard August turn on the faucet as I began unbuckling my belt. It is so strange that the irrelevant noise from these little things is suddenly making the situation unbearable. I tried shaking the feeling away. I closed my eyes as I held Ambrose Junior free and focused on doing what I came here to do.

I have been controlling myself since our History period began and for me to finally let this waste out of my system felt so much like having an orgasm. I shrugged my shoulder and tilted my head as I felt my bladder dispose of all of the water that had been held captive for hours. I realized that the crashing sound I was creating was so loud that I couldn't even hear if August was still washing his hands behind me. By the time I was done doing my thing, I was a little bit hesitant to turn around. I didn't want to see him and feel that feeling of confusion again. Thankfully August was already gone when I finally mustered the courage to turn around. It was such a breath of relief. I washed my hands and stared at myself in front of the mirror.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?!" I was already screaming at myself on the inside. This is all unexpected. The feeling of confusion is throwing me off. There's a lot of questions inside of me that, somehow, August can only answer. That seemed like a reach for me on so many levels.

"You fucking hate him right?" I convinced myself.

I wanted to shake all of that feeling away that I ended up washing my face. The water felt cool and refreshing. I took one last glance at my face and decided that I was okay.

I walked out of the comfort room and into the hallway. I was enjoying my swag when I saw Jessie along with her girlfriends strutting the hallway as if they owned the fucking way. I suddenly felt angry for unknown reasons. They are all wearing the same purple unicorn headband as if they were some kind of an unpopular girl group taking over the stage. I noticed he was holding a box of cupcakes and thought that's some good shit right there.

"Hey," I cheered as I blocked their way.

I was getting a sense of rage as I stared more at Jessie. He's the only gay person here in Mary Heights, and I kind of want to snap right at him. I was starting to get angry at myself the more I stared at Jessie. Perhaps it's because of the reason that I don't want to be gay.

"Those cupcakes look tasty." I said pertaining to the box of cupcakes. Jessie looked at her friends, and they all shook their heads in utter confusion.

"Duh, of course they are tasty." He replied, rolling his eyes at me.

"Those are for me right?"

"In your fucking dreams,"

"Give me those!" I spat nonchalantly, snatching the box from his hands. It was so easy that I didn't even have to break a sweat or exert force just to obtain it.

"Hey, those aren't yours." Alyssa chirped in.

"Give them back," Jessie tried snatching the box from me, but I was quick and raised it higher so he wouldn't reach it.

"Nope! These are mine now." I trailed unapologetically.

"I said give me them back!!!" He tried jumping up, but he's just too short to even reach the bottom of the box. "Fuck off!" I yelled, deliberately putting my palm on his face and then shoved him until he was thrown on the ground.

I walked away, and no one even bothered to follow me. Of course, they won't even want to follow me. My fists are more than ready to punch someone in the face. I was smiling as I felt better after what I had done. I noticed a card attached to the box and thought of reading what was written in it.