24.6: Dancing into the Storm

AUGUST

"What are you doing?" My eyes gawked at Ambrose's beautifully sculpted body and there's no denying the fact that the inner gay August inside of me was on the verge of melting. "W...why the fuck are you naked?" I was stuttering a bit and I guess I'm sweating mentally too. I can't speak straight and that's all on Ambrose and the teasing game that he was trying to play.

He ignored me and just gave me this mischievous grin that's sending me to a land of giddiness and butterflies. I swallowed hard and I can't even spare a split second to look away from this beautiful creature that's standing right in front me.

"Ambrose," I trailed the moment as I was just about to enter panic mode when he began pulling down his pants. "What the fuck, Ambrose?!" I'm starting to think a bit different and quite naughty.

"What? I need to change to cleaner clothes too." He replied trying his best not to let out a hysterical burst of laughter.

"Oh, okay." I huffed immediately swallowing a dosage of embarrassment. My mind might have gone overboard but I'm glad I did not speak out what's going through my head.

"You've already seen my Ambrose junior so I'm not going to ask you to turn around just like you did." Ambrose added and he actually has a point. I've seen whatever's hidden inside that underwear just a while ago. I guess I'm going to admit it wasn't that huge but it's not angry so I might have to keep my expectations.

"Fair enough."

Ambrose was really just trying to change to a cleaner clothes. He pulled out a matching red plaid pajama and a white sleeveless undershirt. He starting slipping on the pajama and by the time he was wearing the undershirt, I was bewitched by his armpits.

"Hey," Ambrose called out for my attention the moment he slipped on everything.

"..." I shook my head as I was pulled back towards the realm of reality.

"Close your mouth, a fly might swoop in." He teased and I was quick to look away.

"Shut up,"

I sat at the edge of Ambrose's bed and let out a heavy sigh. This day turned out to be as interesting and I know it hasn't ended yet but I'm looking forward for some moments that I might probably treasure for the upcoming day. I'm highly looking forward for something great to happen. I looked at Ambrose and gave him a quick smile. He was evidently confused as to why I'm smiling. I'm just happy that this ended well even after that little exchange of fist fight and pushing and kicking. I'm more than contented that Ambrose didn't built that wall between us tough enough for me to give up. Well, I almost gave up. I've had enough and I was already punching him like how he did but I just want to let that fiasco vanish away from my thoughts. I'm greatly satisfied that I'm here with Ambrose and not in a hospital bed.

"Why are you acting weird?" Ambrose asked as he picked up his dirty clothes and delivered it towards the laundry basket.

"What do you mean I'm acting weird?"

"You just let out a heavy sigh, like, is there something going on?"

"I'm just." I paused for a brief second trying to compose myself. "This day was very interesting."

"Do you mind if I pick this up?" Ignoring what I just said, Ambrose asked permission referring to my clothes still on the floor.

"Oh, sorry." I replied quickly and I was about to pick them up but Ambrose was a lot quicker than me. He already snatched my clothes before I could even lay a finger on them.

"I'm going to put it here first," He uttered as he dropped my uniform on the laundry basket.

That small gesture kind of felt sweet and somehow thoughtful. Also embarrassing to say to the least.

"Those dents on that wall." I began trying to switch the conversation from the dirty clothes towards the dents on the wall. I can't just leave this room without asking him about it. "Are those?"

"Yeah, I punched them." Ambrose was quick to admit the obvious. There's a small part of me that wants to not acknowledge the fact that he actually punched the wall and that it's just an art thingy. However, the reality was that he actually punched it.

"I guess you're seriously mad at something." I trailed as Ambrose and settled right beside where I was sitting.

"I am." This time he was the one who huffed out a heavy sigh. "I just discovered a secret about myself that my parents have been hiding for years."

"Huh?" I instantly looked at him with such confusion painted on my face. That was definitely intriguing.

"It's a long story and don't worry, I'm going to tell you everything when I'm ready."

"You already said that when we were at the river." I backtracked.

"Yup and I guess I'm not yet ready." Ambrose casually snaked his arm around my neck and with such controlled force, he managed to yank me and now we are both lying on the bed. "I just want to enjoy this moment with you." Ambrose confessed and I went quiet.

I stared at the ceiling and I didn't know my heart was already racing. I have been feeling this type of way when I'm around Ambrose and he's all calm and at his most vulnerable state. The storm was just a roadblock for this amount of heartbeat and indescribably feeling. This was surreal. We were just about to kill each other a few hours ago and now I'm lying right beside him in his own bed. I can smell the manly scent coming from him and I don't know, it was something that's attracting me. I can still feel my jaw hurting from Ambrose's punches but that's completely nothing compared to this jolt of joy and excitement engulfing me from the inside out.

We both went quiet for a moment and the silence made everything louder much to my expectations. I could feel my heart beating like a drum. It's loud that it's almost a bass beat from a concert. Ambrose gently turned sideways to face me and the second I know it, he already pulled my face and now we were both looking at each other's face. My heartbeat went even stronger and I'm just trying to hold on to the intensity. I gazed at his eyes and although it appeared like he's weighing the world; I wanted to become a part of it. Perhaps I'm the one who's going to bring tranquility into the storm. Maybe I'm the one who would have to feel my feet and dance in the middle of that storm.

"You look good today." Ambrose mouthed and that just got me like crazy. The inner gay August inside of me wants to scream and squirm and perhaps go berserk. The electrifying jolt of excitement and giddiness was just taking me over the moon and I guess I'm hungry for more.

"Did you mean what you said when we were at the river?" I asked and that wasn't even something I was planning to ask. It just came out of my mouth.

"I do." Ambrose inched his face closer to mine and I thought he's going to kiss my lips but he kissed my forehead instead. "I'm really growing to love you. And I'm really sorry that I bailed on you for the whole weak."

"It's okay," I whispered. This was just one of the many things that I want to hear from him. I really want to know the whole reason why he ignored me for the whole week but I know he said he's not yet ready to spill the reason behind and I'm going to respect that. We were just looking at each other's eyes with just a few inches in between our faces.

"I just had a lot of things going on."

"Don't worry, I'll be here when you're ready to speak up."

Silence reigned once again. Ambrose closed his eyes for a moment while still facing me and I couldn't help but feel a sense of pity for him. He sounded like there's so much going on in his life that I don't know about.

I was about to open my mouth to speak when my stomach suddenly roared and it was followed by a maniac burst of laughter from Ambrose. "Someone's hungry."