24.5: Dancing into the Storm

AUGUST

I have been over the moon about all of this and maybe that was the sole reason why I did not notice how things went by. It was basically a whirlwind. Things went pretty fast that I wasn't in the right mental state to be observant of the moment. The trip to Ambrose's house was just me holding tight on his ripped torso and the rush of wind just ruthlessly whipping my necktie off. I found myself hopping down from Ambrose's motorcycle right after he parked at his usual parking spot. The sun was just about to set and the skies was dyed with a beautiful raw orange hue. We can't generally see the sun because of the house and all of the trees surrounding this place but we can still see the sky. The sun's rays were bright enough that there were filaments of the orange hue slitting from every direction. There were some birds flying around just giving us the sign that it's going to be dark soon enough.

"We're home!" Ambrose muttered pulling the key out of the ignition.

"Ahuh." I nodded as I pulled the helmet out from my head. I combed my hair using my fingers just to return it to its signature state.

It's just sweet and thoughtful of Ambrose to offer me his helmet every single time I hitch ride behind him. I'm not a woman to be precise but he was being the gentleman that I never even needed. I could still remember the first time I hopped on his motorcycle, I was still fully charged with nervousness and fear that he might take me somewhere private just to beat the shit out of me. That did not happen and now things have changed in a surprising twist.

Just a few minutes ago we were both deliberating on how we could ditch my bicycle because if there's one truth that moment, it was that an old and rusty bicycle can't keep up with a fine motorcycle. Ambrose suggested that we leave it right where I parked it but I didn't want to agree. We ended up finding this almost abandoned waiting shed and that's where I tied the poor bicycle onto this pole. Ambrose reassured me that no one would give a fuck about my bicycle there and for a brief second, I was hesitant but I eventually believed him. Almost everyone here in Mary Heights have their own bicycle anyway.

"Come on, let's go inside." Ambrose invited me and both walked towards the front porch. If I'm just a person who wears their emotion on their sleeve, I would definitely be giggling in much excitement. But I'm very much uptight myself. I tried to keep my shit together as I followed Ambrose's footsteps.

We reached the front door and he did not waste time. He quickly grabbed the key right where he used to hide it and before I know it, we were now inside the house.

"Do you want something to drink?" Ambrose probed as he leads the way towards the kitchen.

"Juice?"

"Then juice you shall have." He muttered before eventually opening the huge fridge and grabbing a box of grape juice. He went towards the cupboard and brought out two glasses. "I'm really glad that you came to find me." He was looking with a smile on his face. I could feel the taste of gratitude in his voice. It sounded like he'd been waiting for someone to come and save him and I was that person. I was the one who showed up and although it was wild and violent, I managed to penetrate the wall the he'd put up to block me.

"I'm glad that I found you." I replied.

He handed me my glass and I took a sip as we both walked towards the couch. Right when I sat down, I instantly felt my underwear and of course, they were still wet as fuck. I wasn't feeling anything a while ago and perhaps I'm going to blame myself for feeling over the moon that I completely disregarded its entire presence. Now that I'm unconscious about my wet undergarment, the itchiness just showed up out of nowhere.

"Fuck!" I cursed out as I began to scratch my thighs.

"Why? What's going on?" Ambrose was quick to express his concern.