24.9: Dancing into the Storm

AUGUST

Looking at Ambrose right now, I am definitely falling even deeper for him. I feel like the more I spend this kind of simple quality time with him, the more I'm being drawn closer and closer to him. That has never happened to me before. I have never been this drawn and attracted to someone. I did have a few crushes along the way but it never went to a point that I'm falling real deep. There's definitely more parts of him that I have yet to discover and I'm all curious and intrigued to get to know him even better than I already know him. It's like I'm sailing into an uncharted water with the lingering thought that there's a lot of beautiful wonders just waiting to be uncovered.

"I feel like I want to end things with Rachel right now." I added making my voice even firm to let Ambrose know that I'm pretty much serious about this decision. It might be the alcohol doing all of the talking but I was still the one in control of this. The alcohol was just the one who fueled me with the right dosage of courage to do this right in front of him.

"Are you freaking serious?" Ambrose was already yelling and he still looked unsure and confused that I'm bringing this up all of a sudden. He might be confused by the sudden randomness but it shouldn't be the case. It might sound and feel like a random thing but it's really what's keeping this relationship from moving forward. I know he wants me to sever my ties with Rachel and I just don't understand his utter confusion.

This was one of the biggest elephants in the room. Rachel Curtis. It's even funny to think that Ambrose and I both have some kind of connection to her. Ambrose being attracted to her for years and having tried to ask her out on several occasions. And then there's me who's actually dating her. The world is big and yet it's too small for a few people like us. There's always going to be someone connected to someone.

I am already regretting everything that I did. Looking back at it, I'd say I've utterly lost my mind when I asked her to be my girlfriend. Dating her was really a fucked up thing and I'm really looking forward to cutting my ties with her. I'm starting to think of it and I'm okay with losing my popularity in exchange of this high school romance.

"I am really dead ass serious about this." I let out deliberately making my voice firm and confident. I paused for a brief moment and took a sip of whiskey before eventually moving on. "I really want to get to know you more and I feel like my relationship with Rachel was just getting in the way."

"You really don't..."

"I'm going to call her right now," I instantly cut him right before he even finishes his sentence. I was already holding my phone and tapping on Rachel's number.

I just have to make this decision right now before something changes my mind. I just have to cut the ropes and strings and whatever the fuck's connecting Rachel and me before I could even lose Ambrose. I don't want to lose this one chance of a possible true love with Ambrose. I don't want to waste this one chance of a high school romance that I know was very rare for people like us. I don't want to let go of this opportunity right when he has already torn his walls down for me.

Ambrose went in absolute silence and was just staring at his glass for a while. He was holding his glass tight as if he was trying to let everything sink in.

I began dialing Rachel's phone number and the silence made the ringing even louder than I would've expected. My phone kept ringing for a longer while and I began to grow existentially nervous that she might still be ignoring me. I was just too confident that she's going to pick up this call because of her post on Instaglam. I was right though. After a few more rings, she finally picked up her phone.

"August!!!! Thank goodness you called!" Rachel sounded excited the moment she answered my call. Her tone was shrilling much with excitement and to be quite frank about it, it was piercing.