25.3: A Night To Remember

AMBROSE

The night was pretty much moving slowly but it was everything that I wanted. I checked the clock hanging on the wall and it's just nine pm. For a normal night, nine pm seemed like the right time to head to bed but for a Friday night, nine pm was agreeably too early.

I was a bit shocked that the night's still very much young. I'm not rushing or anything but then I realized maybe fate was making this moment just for me and August. Maybe fate wanted us to have more time to hang out and be with each other to compensate for the time that we had lost. Part of that was because I chose to ignore August for the entire week and if I had chosen to reply or even answer his calls then things would've been different. We haven't seen each other this whole week and I don't even want to admit it but I really do miss him in so many levels. I missed his smile that seemed to bring tranquility and a sense of calming aura towards me. I missed the way he unconsciously shoves his bangs out of the way so he could see things. I missed talking to him because he brings out the good in me that I don't even know I have. He's oozing with this unbelievable charisma that's making me open up more and more. I have never been vulnerable with anyone before but being with this guy seemed like I have nothing to be scared of. I know I'm not really the talkative and obnoxious kind of person. I'm pretty much centered and satisfied with just stating one liners and just generally speaking when spoken to. But August was just that type of person who makes me talk.

We stopped drinking for a while and I have to admit that I'm starting to feel the kick of the alcohol in my systems. It was kicking harder more than what I was actually expecting. I guess drinking a whole glass of whiskey was really the most terrible idea that I've come up to. My head was already beginning to spin. I looked at August and he was just fine. I'm pretty sure he was still feeling alright and it seemed literally unfair that we had just consumed the same amount and he was still okay. Perhaps the main catalyst to that was because he just threw up a while ago. That's got to be it.

"I feel like I want to dance." I let out and it's becoming more apparent that I'm going frenzy. The heat of the alcohol on my system was just making me filled with such energy that I might have to release them.

"Are you kidding me?" August scoffed in disbelief. "I'm sorry but I don't know you as a dancer." He spat and it sounded so much like there's a lot of things that he doesn't know about me yet.

"I'm not but I'll dance for you." I replied moving a bit closer to August. I'm not really a dancer nor have I danced in my entire life but this night, the mood and the heat and just the presence of August makes me want to dance. It might be horrible but I'd like to put a smile on his cute face. I snuggled on his arm just like a kid looking for some space to be sweet. "Anything for the person I love."

"How about no?"

"Why not?" I pouted my lips and looked up on him.

He looked down on me and gave a fraudulent forced smile and then pinched my nose before eventually opening his mouth to speak. "Because I'm already thinking you're a very terrible dancer."

"Are you trying to test my dancing skills?" I moved away from the snuggling onto his arms and stood up. "You might get surprised."

To be perfectly honest, I don't really know what I'm doing. I'm probably a terrible dancer but I just really want to see August smile and laugh. It makes my heart flatter to see him happy because of me.

"You bet I'm going to be surprised!" He babbled out almost sarcastically.

I was already tapping on my phone looking for some music to dance to and it took me quite some time just to find something with a good beat. I don't even have a good taste in music and I was a bit afraid that August would just laugh at me. I shook the fear away and just played the music that I found.

"Sit down and watch this performance." I mouthed as the beat began reverberating throughout the room. I feel like I've lost all inhibitions that I have in my body. This might be the miracle work of the alcohol that I have consumed but then I'm also confident mostly because there's only two of us inside this building.

"You are crazy, Ambrose!"

"I am." I replied as I began to move my arms and legs. "I am crazy for you." I glared at him letting him know that I'm actually serious about doing this.

"Oh my god, dude!" He gave a short chuckle with that. He crossed his legs as he watched me move whatever limb that I can move. "You are really a terrible dancer. Your hips aren't even moving, man."

"Do you want to see me do the dougie?" I trailed, my confidence was getting boosted even though August just blatantly insulted my dancing skills.

I started doing the dougie as I remember it in my head. My arms were moving above my head and my legs were popping side to side. I do really feel like I'm horrible at this but I kept the feeling all to myself. August was just looking at me with a funny smile painted on his face. He looked like he's about to release a hysterical burst of laughter but was just trying his very best to hold it all inside.

"Here's the Biz Markie." I quickly transitioned from doing the dougie to doing this old school party move that I kept on seeing at every party that I've been at. I bounced my shoulders whilst swinging my arms.

I suddenly began stripping my shirt and before I know it, I was already topless right in front of August. I might be wrong but I think I saw August's jaw dropped. He was quick to change his expression from the funny smile to an amused one.

"The two-step!" I huffed out and then went from the Biz Markie to stepping from side to side to the beat.

"You're just doing random dance moves." August uttered seemingly telling me to stop dancing. "It's not even in sync with the music."

"Damn, you really don't like my dance moves huh?" I stopped from dancing and I was already catching my breath.

It was about time that the music was reeling to an end and then it suddenly changed to Careless Whisper. The intro of the music was overtly sensual, kind of dirty and I just thought of something naughty almost immediately. I began dancing like I'm inside a club for male strippers, waving my entire body from my chest to my stomach going down under. I made sure that the moves I made enhanced my muscles. August was just quiet and stern that made it somehow difficult for me to read his thoughts.

I made the choice to move on top of August. I was already on his lap. I'm feeling a lot bolder and this was all because of the dirty music. It's as if I'm really a stripper doing some kind of a performance. He was astounded as I grind my body right on top of him.

"What the fuck." He cursed out. He moved his hands on my abs, tracing it with such tenderness and I have to admit that it actually made me feel some kind of pleasure.

"How do you like them dance moves mister Levisay?" I moaned glaring down at his eyes.

I was already pinning him against the backrest of the couch as the music continued playing in the background. He did not respond for a fleeting moment. It's as if my mere presence on top of him had maimed him. He just looked at me in the eye and of course I chose to fight him into the staring battle. I couldn't look at both of his eyes and with that, I moved his bangs and brushed it all the way up eventually revealing his eyes and his forehead. We stared at each other for a while and things felt different. I felt like I wanted to kiss him again. There's something weirdly magnetic in his stare that felt very much familiar. I moved my face closer to his face and I was already about to fasten my lips to his but then he used his fingers to prevent me from doing so.

"Na-ah." He whispered.

I stopped midway and then just chose to kiss his forehead before eventually moving away from him. I grabbed my phone and quickly stopped the music.

"That was something." August uttered breaking the silence that came a few seconds after I stopped the music.

"How's my dancing skills?" I asked even though I already know it's pretty horrible.

"Let's just say dancing isn't for you." August replied and that soundedpretty much like a passive aggressive response.