Chapter 223: The Unscrupulous King of Qingping

Start from the beginning

"You, you're going to be married and messing around like that, how did you promise to do it in the first place?"

Turning his gaze to look at them, the emperor clenched his fists, forcibly suppressed the unhappiness, and after a moment he pointed helplessly at Pei Yuanxi, but he was inevitably angry by his indifference, and the emperor's words changed abruptly: "Today, I summoned all Ai Qing to come, there is indeed something important, just now, I received the news that Xia Guo suddenly launched an attack on the State of Chu, presumably everyone Ai Qing also knows that since Huo Aiqing and Shen Aiqing defeated the State of Chu, He Chengfeng, the generalissimo of the Chu State of soldiers and horses, led his troops back to the dynasty, and the troops left in the border were limited, maybe they had already taken the border city by the Xia State at this time, if they really launched a large-scale battle, it would not be a good thing for the northwest border of my Daqin, I don't know what good plan you Ai Qing has? 

The emperor's face was heavy, and he seemed to be very worried, only a few people who knew the inside knew that his concern was not the safety of the border at all, but the strength of the Xia Kingdom, even if the State of Chu has exhausted the treasury because of years of conquest, but their comprehensive national strength is still not lost to Daqin, and the Xia State, more than ten years ago was just a small border country that needs to be attached to Daqin, and now it actually has the ability to take the initiative to launch a war against the State of Chu, This makes him have to pay attention, if the Chu Kingdom is really destroyed by the Xia Kingdom, the Xia Kingdom that integrates the power of the two countries will be extremely large, and it is no longer something that Daqin can suppress, the unjust case of the first crown princess back then, I am afraid that it will be mentioned again, this matter he will not allow in any way, the throne was passed to him by the father and the emperor, why does everyone think that his name is not justified?

"The Xia Kingdom and the Chu State are far apart, how could they suddenly launch an attack on the Chu State? With such a large number of troops crossing the border, why did we not receive the slightest wind before?

 Ling Wei frowned, although this matter had nothing to do with Daqin, any change in the pattern might affect Daqin's qi, and they couldn't ignore it.

"What General Ling said is reasonable, Huo Houye, you are the commander of the Northwest Army, haven't you received news either?"

Shangshu Sun Shangyi of the military department once again aimed the spearhead at Huo Yelin, who replied lightly: "Didn't Sun Shangshu see that Benhou was also sitting here?" Although Benhou is the commander of the Northwest Army, he is still in the imperial city, the Xia Kingdom and the Chu State are at war, and they have not violated the border of Daqin, even if there is a military report, it is impossible to rush eight hundred li, how can Benhou's message be faster than the emperor?

"What Ye Lin said is reasonable, didn't Sun Shangshu, as the Shangshu of the military department, not receive the news in advance?"

Wei Zehang, who had never spoken, suddenly spoke up, and in front of him, Sun Shangyi had to restrain himself: "What General Wei said is extremely true, this official is just casually asking, and there is no intention to suspect anything, I hope Huo Shuai does not mind." Said, in order to show sincerity, Sun Shangyi also got up and hugged his fists, but his explanation was a little insinuating, Wei Zehang Huo Yelin glanced at him lightly, too lazy to talk to him again, everyone discussed around the matter of Xia Guo raising troops against the State of Chu, but these people are all human spirits, the emperor wants to trick them, let them say what he wants, they discuss and discuss, still only around why Xia Guo will raise troops against the State of Chu, There were even people who praised the national strength of Xia Guo, and no one took the initiative to mention the countermeasures.