〽️👁‍🗨 Chapter 162: The Blonde And The Brunette.

Note:

Corresponding chapters in WangXian: Trial And Error:

[Retribution.]
[Breakfast.]
[See Me Off.]

*
I know it's a longer, double  -  even triple, chapter, but if you've read it in the twin book - you can totally skip it here.

***

Art credit:
https://twitter.com/stayoos

Link:  https://twitter.com/stayoos/status/1285709427606196227

*****

Lan Huan was driving madly now   –  he was very  late. He knew well that he wouldn't be able to make it within an hour and a half, like he had promised his Di.

He didn't care to turn the radio on again, too stressed now, and so he got startled when the phone rang a couple of minutes later. He smiled  –  was it his lover? 

No... No. What time was it?! Was nobody taking the weekend off any more?! He frowned.

- Yes?  –  he growled.

- Good morning, sir! I am sorry to bother you so early! I am calling from Channel 5, about the interview tomorrow!  –  a merry, chirrupy voice announced over the line, and it made him sulk even more.

- It's not a ---

- Just a very quick confirmation about tomorrow. We will be arriving at about 10 in the morning, and we'll be airing at 11, as you know, on the morning show. This was the arrangement!

- OK, but it's---

- We need to set up the equipment, sir, I hope you understand!

He just growled now, giving up on trying to explain that it was a bad time  for all of this.

- Oh, and one more thing, sir! Just a small final thing, and I'll be out of your hair! We just got info that you'll be leading the case against Miss Jenny Jian Yao. Will you be willing to answer a couple of---

- No comment.  –  it was his turn to interrupt now, and he just pressed the red button.

He was getting into the city now, it was dawn, and the weather promised to be great today. He was frowning still. Just how the hell did those vultures get a whiff of things that had only happened an hour ago?! Were there cameras hidden in his car?! In his house?!

He took a lazy look around  –  he didn't worry too much about it, but made a mental note to search for a guy to debug (probably)  his house and his pretty Porsche.

- Fuck it.  –  he mumbled now, but his gaze wandered through the window as he was waiting at a set of traffic lights.  –  I should get Wanyin out today... for a walk or to a restaurant... The weather is so nice here... Or we could...

He blushed now. 

He had promised his lover toys today. Well... he was about to see which option the hot bartender was going to choose.

Too impatient to get back home, he stepped on the pedal and drove to his Di's place, speeding over the legal limit, for sure.

***

- Sorry, brat. Phone. 

This was only half a lie, but Lan Huan was looking guilty, leaning against the doorway wall, embarrassed; he knew too well why he was late today, and now  –  looking down at his brother  -  he noticed that Wangji seemed as pale as death. He looked so small... so frail.