〽️👁‍🗨 Chapter 38: Connect./Disconnect. (Part 1)

That Monday was soft and magical. 

They had fun rummaging the house for food supplies, watching the news, kissing a lot, touching non-stop.

They just had to seek for each other, find each other anew.

Jiang Cheng was finally able to relax fully, after so many days of stress and anguish, and was snuggling in Lan Xichen's arms all the time; he didn't want to leave, and he highly doubted that Lan Huan would let him

Jiang Cheng was finally able to relax fully, after so many days of stress and anguish, and was snuggling in Lan Xichen's arms all the time; he didn't want to leave, and he highly doubted that Lan Huan would let him. They were lying on the sofa, and he was listening to his  heart beating, and also  –  to his phone calls.

''''

- Yes, dear... I know you won't be able to come on Wednesday... Yes, the roads are blocked... Oh, no worries, you'll still get your wage, yes, please, remind me next weekend... Yes, the birthday party was great! You made a cake for me? Whoa, no need! You and the kids should have it! It will be stale by Saturday, dear... No, no... Hahahaha, thank you, my star  –  best birthday wishes ever! Cleaning... well, the kitchen for sure... Yea, I am not too good at cooking, you know it... Yea... Oh, lord, no, please no!!! But re-stocking! Shopping, when the stores open again... Yea, be safe! Yea, I'll think of a Christmas bonus again! Of course, I am pleased and happy with you! Of course, my Stella, next year too! Hahaha, oh please, no, my mother will get a heart attack! Yessss! Kiss the kids from me! Yes, I miss them too! The boys too! No, no plans for Christmas... I'll be home... New Year's might be in Taiwan... We'll talk it over, yes. But you have the keys... I'll let you know, sure! Just be safe! No, no ginger cookies! No cookies! No cakes! I... Oh, ok. Sounds like a plan! Yes! Hahaha, bye now! Bye!

''''

He sighed with relief after hanging up, puffing.

- Well, damn.  –  he mumbled.

- What... was that?!  -  Jiang Cheng grinned, having caught the sound of a female voice on the phone.

- My maid! She made a cake for me! Can you imagine!?! Home-made! Her kids were helping her to make it! For two days! She wanted to bring it today, but... the snow...

- Sounds like... they love you a lot...  -  Jiang Cheng blushed.

- Ahh!  –  Lan Xichen waved his hand, dismissing this sentence.  –  It's just good money, I guess... - he blushed too, unwilling to admit it.

- I doubt it. I doubt it's just the money.   -  Jiang Wanyin murmured.  –  And what about... the holidays?   –  he dared ask shyly.

- Well... I dunno yet...  -  Lan Huan mumbled, puffing, feeling hot.  –  After last year's fiasco  –  my Mother has banned me from anything  but the once-a-month torture, which works fine for me!  –  he grinned.  –  Even Di hates those family dinners... Although we both understand why our parents need them, hmmm.