〽️👁‍🗨Chapter 127: Jiang Cheng's Night.

[the 30th of December]

All day long, Jiang Wanyin was working with ease. 

He had no idea just how many hours it had been now  –  he only knew that that forbidden kiss, the strong embrace, those last words gave him more energy that his body could hold, and he was flying, he was walking on clouds.

Some of his regular clients noticed his good mood, and even joked about it, and he joked back, smiling all the time, and people noticed how pretty he looked, his cheeks  -   rosy, his lips  –  parted.

He was working away, and it was already evening, and he wondered just what time Lan Huan's flight was at precisely. They never had the time to talk about it, and  –  of course!  -   the texts the moron sent him were not about something important, but rather  –  about him being the goofball he was.

Jiang Cheng was reading them over and over, blushing, stealing bits of time to hide and look at his phone. He was breaking another rule tonight  –  the bar's strict policy about no phones during work  –  but he had to know. He had to know that everything was OK.

 He had to know that everything was OK

***

It was 8 p.m., and he, quite subconsciously was looking at the ceiling from time to time, as if there could be an airplane seen there, and once he caught himself doing that, he blushed again, too embarrassed by his awful, unprofessional behavior tonight.

But it could not be helped. 

He could not escape this. It was so much stronger than him. And he wouldn't replace it with anything, he wouldn't take it back. Because it was bitter-sweet, and it hurt, but it was his, it was theirs,  and it was perfect.

- Good evening, boy!

- Good evening, sir.

- A glass of your most expensive bourbon. Please.

- Coming up!

Jiang Cheng smiled.

- I remember you, sir. You were here earlier, weren't you?  –  he passed the fine crystal, filled with bloody auburn fire.

- Ha! Nice! Indeed. Nice memory, boy!  –  the tall man grunted, taking a sip.

- Thank you, sir. How's your evening been?  –  he asked politely, tilting his head.

- Boring. I thought I'd catch some baseball on TV, but it bored me to death. So I came back around. Full circle, you know.

- Coming full circle always feels nice, indeed, sir. Gives one a sense of accomplishment.

The tall man grinned, and Jiang Cheng thought there was something of a wolf's teeth in that grin. For a second there was some deep unrest stirring inside him  –  he knew that grin. Only one other had ever shown him a grin like that, hungry.