〽️👁‍🗨 Chapter 40: In His Arms.

Lan Xichen was on the phone again, this time re-arranging his weekly meetings with his secretary, delegating tasks to Gao Xi, and actually returning his boss's call too, and Jiang Cheng wondered whether he should go and let him have his privacy, work in peace. But a strong, heavy hand on his belly was pressing him down, pinning him, not letting him move, not letting him move away. He had never felt better than now, in this embrace.

More calls ensued and Jiang Cheng was amazed just how much work Lan Xichen had in reality. He had only seen them hang out at the bar before, and had thought that they only worked from time to time, Lan Huan and his team of yuppies. Now he was starting to slowly realize that the young lawyer had done the impossible to make time  for him, despite all his work and busy schedule. 

He cuddled closer, kissing his neck and jaw, trying to stay still and quiet so that he wouldn't disturb him. Lan Huan was smiling faintly at that, stroking his hair and his back as if he was a cat.

''''

- I am counting on you, Gao Xi!  –  Lan Xichen frowned.  –  Get a grip, boy! The fact that I am off work today does not mean it's not a work day! Drink whatever, take whatever, I need you up on your feet within the hour! Call the others  –  I need you to sift through the Guidelines again. Check for precedents! There just might be something out there... I don't wanna miss this one.

- Boss, you seem to be fascinated by this... monster...  -  Gao Xi sincerely wanted to die, his head was killing him.

- We must  be able to plead insanity! Somehow!!!  –  Lan Xichen ignored the last remark, huffing.

- But all his psych evaluations come out normal... How---

- I don't care!  –  he shouted.  –  Deal with it! I want results!

- Lan Xi---

- Oh, and another thing.  –  Lan Huan interrupted him again.  –  I will be working from home for the next couple of days. This means video calls! Make it happen. The snow here is just too... much.  –  he blushed.

- The snow.   -   Gao Xi grunted.  –  I know that snow oh too well, hu hu hu! Just tell me which one you picked to go home with, Boss?  –  he grinned over the line.  –  The girls were specially selected for you!  –  he added proudly, he had been the mastermind behind the party.  -  Is it that busty blonde? Hehhh???

- I am hanging up, Xi.  –  Lan Xichen grumbled, unwilling to comment on something that was still so fresh and unsure.

- But Boss I ---

''''

They stayed together, hugging, silent.

- Should I go? Umm, let you work?  -  Jiang Cheng whispered finally.

- No. My love, no. Don't move.  Nothing is more important than you.  –  Lan Huan blushed again.

- I don't want to be in the way... I---

- It's fine. I promise. I'll work tonight. Today is for you.

- Huan...

Jiang Wanyin looked up, his eyes begging, his lips parted, and they kissed again, thirsty again, yearning so much.

- Do you need anything? Can I do anything?  –  Lan Xichen was whispering, kissing his hair.

- I need...  -  Jiang Cheng gasped. No. No, he could not speak those words.  –  I need to make... a couple of phone calls too.