〽️👁‍🗨 Chapter 6: The Lonely House.

Note:

Corresponding chapter in WangXian: Trial And Error[Feeling Good.]

*
Photo credits in this chapter: "Black Mirror", S05, E03

****

Lan Huan woke up with a thundering headache so acute that his teeth  hurt

Lan Huan woke up with a thundering headache so acute that his teeth  hurt. The only good thing about alcohol in his case was that his recent insomnia had just magically vanished. He had slept like a log.

The night before, he had left the bar upset, conflicted. He never said "good night"  to Jiang Wanyin; he couldn't. Watching him talk to those women had made his heart bleed, and he still wasn't fully aware that this heartache had a name, and that name was jealousy.

He had no time for heartache... Because... Well...

There was his Di. 

Lan Wangji was deeply unhappy, and he felt it with ever fiber of his body. But whenever he tried to talk to him about it  –  his younger brother would just change the topic. It was as if he was constantly running away. Ever from the unpleasant topics.

He groaned and got out of bed, too grumpy and hung over to care. His Di was a coward, but many men were. So what.  He was old enough, he needed to manage on his own!

He checked the time  –  it was almost noon. Ughh, coffee first!

He trudged barefoot to the kitchen, wondering lazily where his phone might have ended up last night. The maid who was coming to clean the house was due at 2 p.m., so he still had time to mope around.

He remembered. 

Fuck.

That pretty Jiang Wanyin... 

He smiled to himself, remembering his words from last night. So, he was pretty and proud. Lan Xichen was very aware that he can't have been too well-off as he was taking (lucky for him!) quite a lot of shifts in the bar. So, logically, he needed the money.

 So, logically, he needed the money