〽️👁‍🗨 Chapter 47: Blood, Sweat And Tears. (Part 3)

Note:

Corresponding chapters in WangXian: Trial And Error  

[Hospital Drama.]
[The Way Home.]

***

Lan Xichen's heart was breaking badly. 

Those sobs were the most awful thing in the whole world. He couldn't think straight, thirsty for punishment, compensation, almost bloodthirsty with wrath.

- Who was it, Di?   –  he snarled.  –  I'm going to kill him!  I am going to end him!!!  Anyone who makes you cry deserves to die, Wangji!!! Di...

- It was... It wasn't...  -  Lan Zhan sniffled, wiping tears away, calming down a little, consoled by the familiar low voice that put him  before the world, again, again.  –  It was his crazy ex... I think... I...

- Jenny?!   -  Jiang Cheng suddenly exclaimed, too surprised. He could not possibly think of anyone who might hate Wei Wuxian  –  at least not as much as to want to kill him.  –  Are you sure?

Lan Wangji stared at him with indignation now, and he rolled his eyes. This young boy was so annoying!  Although... he himself wasn't the biggest fan of Jenny Jian Yao  –  she was a spoilt brat too!

- Oh, but I am sure.  –  he scoffed haughtily.  –  The things she said to me... The things she... insinuated... I...

- It's fine.  – Lan Xichen interrupted him.  -  I will deal with it. You shouldn't worry any more.  –  he cooed. – It's all fine now, Di. I am here. I will take care of it.

Jiang Cheng was biting his lips, listening to the gentle words. 

His heart was bleeding; he greedily wanted such words just for himself. This tenderness...  it was such a sin, for this tenderness to be so divided between two people. He needed it all just for himself, selfishly, impatiently, greedily, and he was adamant in his decision to defend it, at all costs. He shuddered slightly  –  Lan Huan could never know just how much he craved for him.

Yet, he knew he shouldn't interfere. This was family stuff. His mind understood, although his heart was rebelling against it.

- Do you want to join us for lunch, Di?  –  Lan Huan asked suddenly but very softly, wiping the new tears on his brother's face away. Jiang Cheng prayed to all the gods he would refuse. He wanted to steal some more alone-time with his lover before his shift began.

- No...  -  he mumbled, stealing a glance at him. 

Jiang Cheng caught that glance nevertheless. 

– But Ge... Please... Can you please go by the shop and lock it up? I need to stay here. I need to be here when he wakes up... I just need to...

Lan Xichen shook his head.

- Sure. Give me the keys. And please, make sure to answer your damned phone!  –  he huffed now, pushing him away from his embrace angrily.  –  I am going crazy worrying for you, brat!

Jiang Cheng blinked. 

It was as if they had just stepped into a parallel universe now. These were two very different people. Very. Those mood swings were killing him. Was he like this with A-Li too?

- Moron!!!   –  the blond boy huffed.

His hands dove into his pockets and he took out his phone and the keys  –  which he threw at Lan Xichen with quite the force. Jiang Wanyin gasped a little as the young man caught them in mid-air, laughing, and obviously amused.

- You owe me one, brat! I want a proper Christmas gift! Or better: I am going to steal one from your precious sex shop!  –  he grinned light-heartedly, but Jiang Cheng shuddered. 

Was he being serious?! 

He blushed.

- You are an idiot, Lan Huan!!!  –  the brat hissed, annoyed.  –  Hi, by the way.  –  he turned towards Jiang Cheng.

- Hello.  –  he mumbled, blushing even more. He hated having to be the third wheel... but he fully realized that he could not even dream about such closeness as the two young men shared. No. Not yet.

Yet, there was something obscene about this closeness. He couldn't quite put his finger on it.

Lan Xichen was observing the two, too amused  –  they truly looked like two tomcats just measuring each other up before an attack. But then a thought crossed his mind.

- Di... Can we talk for a sec?  –  he said seriously.  –  Sorry, love. I will be right back.

He kissed Jiang Cheng's cheek briefly and grabbed Lan Wangji's arm unceremoniously, not waiting for any reply really  -  from either of them  -  dragging him away despite his protests. Jiang Cheng gasped at the sudden move, at the sudden kiss, hoping that neither of them heard him, nor saw him  –  just one swift kiss managed to get his whole face burning.

God!  

How was he going to work today?!  

How would he be supposed to work whenever Lan Xichen came to the bar with his team?!?! The thought horrified him now. He just wanted one thing  –  just for the two of them to be all alone... These last few days had been true bliss.

Jiang Wanyin sulked now, doing his best to hide those thoughts, tuck them away, in the back of his mind, and Lan Wangji was rather frowning, but followed his Ge to the side so that they could talk privately. Of course, he couldn't discern the words they were saying, but both suddenly looked extremely serious  –  no more jokes and giggling on the part of Lan Huan, and no more petulant pouts on the part of Lan Wangji; they were talking like adults for once. It wasn't a long talk either, but he was staring thirstily, doing his best to catch something  –  anything  –  so that he could know why there was concern on his lover's face, and why they needed to talk in private all of a sudden. 

Were they talking about... him? 

Probably. This obnoxious Lan Wangji!  He had been against it all, against them, from day one!

Suddenly, Lan Xichen looked directly at him, all flushed and looking extremely beautiful, just like he had been looking half a week ago, on that extremely comfortable sofa in his marble palace, and Jiang Wanyin blushed intensely too.

It felt as if he was coming down with something, as if he was running high fever; to his utter shame, he was blushing like a damned schoolgirl all the time. Was it true, was he getting ill, or was it just love?

But in the next moment he looked away, upset, because Lan Wangji stood on tiptoe a little and kissed his Ge's cheek, just to annoy him  - Jiang Cheng was absolutely sure of it. 

He didn't like him. At all. 

And then, it was just a couple of seconds before he was taken in, swept into the already familiar embrace, and Lan Huan held him tight, perhaps too tight, leaning in immediately to kiss his burning cheeks, and his thirsty lips. He moaned a little  –  it felt far too good. Damn, hopefully no one heard him! He had to stop moaning like a slut in public!

- Are you very hungry, my love?   –  he murmured in his neck and Jiang Wanyin trembled helplessly.

- No... No, it's fine.  –  he said in a hoarse voice.  –  This is important. I understand. We can take something to go, something quick. It's fine...

- How gorgeous are you, my Wanyin?  –  Lan Xichen whispered dreamily.

Jiang Cheng did not answer, and he didn't make the effort to look at Lan Wangji now  –  he was far too sure he was sulking again. No, he was far too busy sinking in this perfect moment of perfect softness, of perfect happiness   -  Lan Xichen's expensive aftershave scent.