〽️👁‍🗨 Chapter 148: Sins. [!TW!]

[the 2nd of January] 

Jiang Cheng hummed. 

Telling his own story now refreshed old memories and old instincts awfully much, somewhere there, in the back of his mind, and there was a quiet battle inside him, a battle between being grateful, owing a debt to this skinny boy here, and also  –  avoiding him at best, doubting his intentions,  considering him unreliable, treacherous, cunning, perhaps someone who was planning to rat him out to the police?! Perhaps it was all a well-plotted-out scheme, against him and Lan Huan! Perhaps even working for Mike Flannegan himself?!

Just how psychotic Lan Huan's ex-lover was??? 

Who could tell?

But then he cast another look. The boy looked so truly miserable and guilty for some reason that he pushed those thoughts aside. This gave him courage. And also...

- Gimme a sec. I really need to pee. What the hell did you put in that tea?!  –  he grunted now.

- Oh! Oh, it's just... herbs. But yes! Uhh...  I need to pee too!   –  Wen Ning jumped to his feet again, looking exceptionally relieved.

Both of them grinned now  –  rivalry, obviously, had to wait for a bit!  –  and both ran to the restroom, thankful that there were a couple of cubicles there, and not just a single one. And soon, there it was  –  the eventual trinkling sound and two sighs following it.

- How long have you...

- I think just as long as you!!!

They laughed again; it was weird to be bonding with a guy in the toilets, but life was messy and unpredictable lately, so much so that now Jiang Wanyin's heart felt lighter for some reason. He vaguely considered that this here was super gay, but... 

Well,  there had been nothing  better than Lan Xichen's hands on his skin in his entire life. He had never felt happier than in his arms. So there; he just chased that thought away.

When they returned to the bar, Wen Ning smirked:

- Can I offer you some more tea, sir?

- Whoa. I never thought I'd see you joke, little boy!  – Jiang Wanyin smirked back and they laughed again, and this time the dark-haired boy got some more water boiling with genuine pleasure.

- Isn't it too late? Wouldn't you like to go back home?  –  he asked carefully now.

- What?! Are you chasing me away now, bartender?!  –  Jiang Cheng huffed.  –  Are you denying me my free drinks at this here fine establishment?! Ha!

- Ummm... Well...  -  Wen Ning stuttered, blushing slightly.  –  It's late. And I know you must be tired after your own shift. So... Why hang out with me here? Not that I'm complaining...

Jiang Cheng bit his lip.

- I... I don't wanna go home. It's so empty... without... him.  –  he stuttered now too.  –  I just...

- You miss him.

- Hmmm.

- So... What was all that with the Captain of the 12th?  –  the boy now tilted his head to the side, mildly curious, but mostly  –  trying to distract him from his depressive thoughts and sudden sadness.

- He is Huan's ex.  –  Jiang Cheng mumbled darkly.  –  And a fucking pig! But only  –  this time for real! He is a fucking swine!!!