〽️👁‍🗨 Chapter 171: A True Story. [!TW!]

Note:

Link:  https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=534339372041515&set=a.377391627736291

****

Lan Xichen's heart froze for a moment, but his lover's grip on his body only tightened; Wanyin didn't let go.

For a brief moment he bitterly regretted not having given even more money to Bobby Chan. He was truly ready to kill,  just to get his hands on the full conversation between Mike Flannegan and his little one.

But then  –  how could he trust a gangster? Even an ex-gangster? Could he?  Bobby was working for money, he had no illusions about it, and he, in a way, respected him for it. But who was to say that he wouldn't turn against him, all the smiles and boot-licking that he usually was, and just offer the tapes to the highest bidder?

He shuddered involuntarily at the thought, and Jiang Cheng read into it the wrong way, thinking that his question had upset his lover too much.

- Forgive m---

- No.  –  he cut him short.  –  No. I will answer. You have the right to know, if you are to be my... My...

- Your husband.  –  Jiang Cheng whispered in his chest, hiding his face there, now sorry for this new pain he was causing.

- Yes.  –  Lan Xichen said calmly.

Yes. There was only one gangster, ex-gangster, he could trust completely. And he was lying next to him, his head resting on his chest.

- It's one of the worst things I have ever done.  –  Lan Huan started off, speaking slowly, not really in a hurry to go through it again.  –  But it is also one of the things I will never regret.

Jiang Cheng whimpered in his embrace, and he held him closer. He could only speculate just how much of it Mike had told him about.

- I didn't know you so well, back then. You were constantly pushing me away, back then... But I somehow knew, I felt, that this job was really important for you. A-Li told me a bit about this Johnny character, but not too much, and I don't need to know about it. Unless you decide to tell me about it. I am serious.

He looked down  –  Jiang Cheng was gazing at him, frozen, wide-eyed, barely daring to breathe. But he went on, nonetheless.

- I am not sure just what, just how much, Mike had told you on New Year's. But I am guessing whatever he said to you was the truth. He often uses it, quite perversely, as a weapon. It is one of his strongest weapons, actually. He has... ughh... some sort of... you know... god-complex. He believes he is some modern-day Batman of sorts... Justice incarnate! Or some bullshit like this.