〽️👁‍🗨 Chapter 88: An Open Door.

Lan Xichen left the hangers with his suits in the corridor and went back to the kitchen to finish off making the tea. The water needed re-heating, and he did that mechanically. His eyes were on Jiang Wanyin, who was sitting in a chair and sulking. 

Just like a girl, he was so much like a girl! And he was sulking about something Lan Huan could not understand.

He had had girls before, of course, but somehow all of them had been carefree girls, pretty and frivolous, girls who had been nice to him, giving him a great sex experience only to be showered in jewels and presents and expensive dinners, and holidays to foreign exotic beaches.

He had tried to apply this scheme to Jiang Cheng too, because he looked and acted like a girl so much and so often, but all these things  –  the presents, the expensive dinners  –  had only managed to get his annoyed, or upset him. Upset him terribly.

Slightly surprised, Lan Xichen realized that most probably Wanyin wasn't gay. He didn't act like gay boys would. He sharply realized that he just loved him.  Him, it was him who had managed to awake this side of him, this complicated side of his sexuality that embraced the BDSM sex so quickly.

The young bartender never gave him any definitive sign that he might accept his marriage proposal (in the future), but somehow Jiang Cheng often acted as if they'd already been married  –  jealous, and always needy, far too interested in his everyday tasks and chores, in his job even.

It was new to him. It had never happened before. Even with Mike, even though they had shared many professional responsibilities that brought them together on cases, it had never been business, it had only been sex and fun. A fling that both of them had been OK with.

So why was he like this? 

He could not understand it. All his previous lovers had never cared  –  it was silly to care about such mundane things as his dinner, or his laundry day. And right here, right now, he had a very furious Jiang Cheng, who was sulking terribly because his maid had come to discuss meals and travel arrangements with him!

- Wanyin?  -  he called out softly, trying.

- Shut up!  –  he growled.

Humming to himself, Lan Huan finished making the tea, and now brought two cups to the table, sitting carefully just opposite him. They both looked pathetic, after their sex in the bar's restroom, and their make-out session in the corridor. But it didn't matter. 

He was very sure that it didn't matter to either of them.

Patiently, he just watched him, pondering about all these confusing, clashing facts, trying to find some logic in it all, because it was all quite contradictory. They had been together for just a couple of weeks, ever since his birthday in the end of November  –  so not even a month. Why was he acting like this? Why was he so upset?

***

Jiang Cheng felt the dark eyes on him all the time, and it made him feel hot, and also embarrassed. 

He was far too aware that he looked awful, bruises still visible on his body since last night, his messy hair and his messy clothes... he desperately needed to hide, to bring order to his body and to his mind, somehow, to be alone so that his brain would clear up and he could understand his emotions, his extreme reactions.

Alone?  The very thought made him shudder. 

He could not be alone any more. Not after that love,  after all that tenderness. It hurt right not, even now, to be so far away from him,  even though the table was the only distance that was separating them. Lan Huan was still too far away.