〽️👁‍🗨 Chapter 19: My Brother's Boyfriend?

Note:

Corresponding chapters in WangXian: Trial And Error

[The Bar.]
[Lazy Sunday Morning.]

****

Fuck goddammit, why was this cab travelling so slowly?! Why did he have to get so drunk and leave his own car in the underground car park at work? Why the hell did Bobby had to mention Jiang Wanyin's girlfriend?

Fuck.

And his stupid, reckless brother! He was so angry that he was pretty sure he was going to beat him up black and blue! That fucking brat!

It had been such a perfect evening... Wanyin was mad at him at first, but then... He could swear he saw... some tenderness  in his eyes.

He was a fool. A goddamn fool. 

Why couldn't he just let it all go?! He bitterly wondered what this young boy was thinking of him  –  rich and foolish and spoilt, and stubbornly chasing his perfect ass! Jiang Cheng was probably mocking him behind his back. And he should! He had been acting like a fool!

He had to let it go. He had to. It was high time.

***

He let himself in  –  he had a card for the main entrance to his brother's place. 

The building was ridiculously ugly, but had good security measures, so at least this one thing was alright. He rang the bell of his flat, but no one came to open the door, and his heart froze with worry and terror yet again.

His brain was playing out some horrible scenarios and he wondered what to do. Should he call the police? Should he call their father?!

He placed his ear against the door and listened intently. God! What was happening inside???  He thought he could hear loud moans and muffled screams, and the sound of breaking glass. Was someone inside, an intruder?!? A burglar? A killer?  Was his brother held hostage?!

Was his brother held safe?!

"Ugh, all those criminal cases I deal with every day don't help!"  –  Lan Xichen thought desperately.

He banged on the locked door forcefully with clenched fists, but there was no reaction. He was sure his brother was home, it was a Saturday night. And he could hear... Now he could hear even louder moans!

 Now he could hear even louder moans!

No, this could not wait! 

He frowned and clenched his teeth, flinging all his body's weight against the door and bursting it open with brute force. He rushed inside  –  the noises were getting clearer and louder now.