〽️👁‍🗨 Chapter 49: Bitter And Sweet.

Note:

Corresponding chapter in WangXian: Trial And Error:  [The Way Home.]

*****

Lan Xichen just stuffed the "Christmas presents"   into his pockets carelessly, grinning far too happily. 

He was looking forward to their first night together, the first real, hot  night, with great impatience. Jiang Wanyin looked shy, and this place definitely embarrassed him, but he knew  –  he had already seen  –  that his lover was far too hot, and he could also be quite bold, he just needed a little push. And if the push went too far... Oh, all the possibilities!

He was grinning happily, turning all the lights off, but leaving the CCTV on, careful not to disturb the police ribbons too, far too sure that Wangji would not endure not keeping tabs  on this place for more than a couple of days. He was locking the front door distractedly, when he felt a warm hand on his back.

 He was locking the front door distractedly, when he felt a warm hand on his back

- What is it, darling?  –  he turned around, surprised.  –  Are you very hungry already, my lovely?

- I...  -  Jiang Cheng was still very flushed, and now the chilly winter air wasn't making it better.  –  I will be... missing you today. Tonight.

- Oh, sweetness...

- Shut up.  –  he mumbled, falling into his embrace, and hiding there.  –  It's not fair, Huan. I hate this.

Lan Huan was smiling faintly; the warm breath of the pretty face, buried in his chest was reaching his heart, melting it, making it beat faster, always. 

Was this angry beautiful boy going to miss him so much today, really?  They had just spent almost a week together! Was it possible for anyone to need him so much? To crave to be with him so much?

- You know, my sweet...  -  he started, pressing him to his body hard, and expecting a complaint because of that  –  a complaint that never came. Jiang Cheng just snuggled deeper.

- Do you know, Wanyin... You are the only one who's ever wanted to be with me so much. Before...  -  he made a short pause, and Jiang Cheng looked up at him with expectation.  –  People used to tell me that I was... too much... too intense... before. That they needed... a break... from being with me.

- That's coz you've only been with idiots, Huan.  -   Jiang Wanyin grumbled, sulking.  –  Make sure to introduce me to them, so that I can box their ears. Preferably in public.

- I see.

There was a light bout of ringing laughter, and Jiang Wanyin blushed again. The instinct to want to protect someone different than himself or his sister was new to him, and it was kind of... unsettling.