〽️👁‍🗨 Chapter 100: The Stab.

Note:

Sources:  

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=118561727612217&id=100083751699335

https://www.walmart.com/blocked?url=L2lwL1NrdWxsLVNoYXBlZC1QZW4tUGVuY2lsLUhvbGRlci1Ib21lLU9mZmljZS1EZXNrLVN1cHBsaWVzLU9yZ2FuaXplci1BY2Nlc3NvcnkvMzMzNTQzNDAw&uuid=c7b28be5-26d4-11ed-8728-494f4f6c536a&vid=&g=b

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/2814818508231109/

http://www.freeimages.co.uk/galleries/ideas/concept/slides/blank_paper.htm

*** 

[the 27th of December]

Well, he arrived at the Precinct precisely 20 minutes later. 

In a rush, he ignored the questions of the clerk, sitting at the front desk, and just hurried down the corridor, to the Captain's office. He didn't want to be late: he knew that Estella was going to be expecting him to be at his house at precisely 6:00.

He knocked, sighing a little. He expected this to be unpleasant.

- Sorry, sir.

A young cop, perhaps someone who was going to be on duty tonight, addressed him, and he turned around at the pleasant female voice.

- Mmmm?

- I'm sorry, sir, the Captain is not in tonight. He has taken a few days off, for the holidays.  –  she said, squinting her eyes at him, trying to pinpoint just where she knew him from.

- Oh. Oh.  –  Lan Huan suddenly grinned. This made things a lot simpler.  –  I see. I'll just pop inside and leave a message.

- Sir, you can't... Sir, you can message him on your phone... Sir!

She tried to stop him, but Lan Xichen ignored her too, completely, entering the shared area, where Mike Flannegan's secretary usually gave away directions and rejections  to people who dared ask for an audience  with him. He knew the place like the palm of his hand.

He barged into the Sanctum Santorum  now, extremely pleased that the young police officer did not dare follow him inside. It was one of his ex-lover's tactics for control  -  keep the populace  in constant awe and fear. 

He knew this oh so well.

- I think... I am just a wee bit... disappointed.  -   he mumbled to himself, now looking around carefully, his mind and his eyes totally alert and on the watch-out for any  kind of changes. 

Traps.

No. Not today. 

Hopefully  –  not tomorrow either. He needed to be sure that the instructions he had given to Gao Xi were correct, to the tee.

He approached the massive desk, and grunted at the sight of the massive leather-bound chair too. He had improvised, telling the girl about leaving a message, but now he seriously considered it.

It was all austere, the desk plot. A couple of unimportant papers, invoices, reports on recent B&E cases... A skull-shaped metal pen holder with pens and pencils inside, it was the only mildly kitschy thing about this room really...

Ha. 

Perfect.

He grabbed one of the pens, and brought it closer to his eyes, as the light inside the all-too-dark-anyway room was scarce, coming solely through the windows, a dim street light

He grabbed one of the pens, and brought it closer to his eyes, as the light inside the all-too-dark-anyway room was scarce, coming solely through the windows, a dim street light. He knew this pen. It had been a gift. Learning about his love for gadgets, Lan Xichen had bought this pen for him, in jest, for their one-month anniversary. It was a quaint combination of a pen, a USB stick, a camera, all made from heavy, stainless steel which, he was pretty sure, given enough impetus  –  could gouge someone's eye out, easily.

He hastily opened the top drawer  –  he had no time to be sentimental here. Memories of the past were of no use. He grabbed a random piece of paper, uncaring what it was, and flipped it  –  the backside was blank.

He rolled the heavy pen in his hand, let his long fingers play with it for a while, pondering the message... It had to be... impactful.  Also, it had to be indirect, as some outsider might still see it, find it. 

He hummed thoughtfully. 

Slowly, menacingly, Lan Xichen leaned over the desk and scribbled it down, letting go of his pent-up anger, and giving free rein to his almost murderous intent:

 Once done, he marveled at his work for a second, pleased and too sure that his ex would get the hint. Oh, how the Captain of the 12th  hated  to be called "Mikey"!  

There was a gentle smile on the perfect lips, now curved upwards cruelly. And then, faster than lightning, his hand rose up and then slammed the pen down so hard into the right blank corner of the sheet that it pierced through both the paper and the wood underneath it.

He grinned now, but if anyone could see him  –  there was pure bloodlust dripping from his lips. He sincerely hoped that Wanyin would take his advice to be carrying a gun at all times seriously.

No, not advice. Plea. Order.

Well, he was going to check tomorrow. For sure. Touch him, and hold him, and kiss him, and feel his skin, check his bruises, and ask him all the silly mundane questions that were so so important right now, all of them. Tomorrow was going to be a day for celebration!

There was a new grin on the perfect lips, but it was a lewd one this time. Today, all in all, had been a hot and productive day, and he was pleased. He couldn't wait to get home and text his lover, calm his mind and stroke his ego again  -  it brought him pleasure too.

- Bye, sweetie!

On his way out he just waved cheerfully at the perplexed young woman, who now blushed, remembering his face from the central news a week ago.

- I am an idiot. Truly.  –  she mumbled under her nose, too embarrassed to have yelled at the infamous Lan Xichen.